1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Corsair Carbide 300R

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Darksaber, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Darksaber

Darksaber W1zzard's Sidekick Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2012
    NHKS and theJesus say thanks.
  2. theJesus

theJesus

Thanks Received:
    Definitely overpriced IMO, but would be a good case for $50~$60 USD. Corsair seems to be taking advantage of the reputation they've built in order to charge more than their products are worth. Of course, that's nothing new.

I'd like to see what they can come up with for a micro-ATX or mini-ITX chassis though.

edit: Why does the title say "*DONE*"? lol

3. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    I do like it but as Thejesus said, It is over priced from what it has on it. The design is great, similar to my NZXT tempest 410. It would look better with the rubber boots over the cable management holes and a side panel that resembles the 800D.

Crunching for Team TPU
  4. Munki

Munki

Thanks Received:
    Definitely a bit too high. If the case was less than $70, I would pick one of these up.

5. Rowsol

Rowsol

Thanks Received:
    Ya don't say...

6. kg4icg

kg4icg

Thanks Received:
  7. Shurakai

Shurakai New Member

Thanks Received:
    Aussie here, had a lovely new 300R delivered today, cost $110 (ex shipping, got a lot of other stuff for other computers with the order though). Worth every penny, blows the hell out of my poor old CM690's airflow.

Review seems a little rough on the cons, might not have the rubber grommets (I presume those are usually where you thread the cables through) but that doesn't stop good cable management or good looks, personally I like not having little + or x near my motherboard :p. On the topic of 140mm downward heat sinks, my AXP-140 was still attached to the mobo and fit like a glove (replaced by a 212 EVO now, 140 was from an Mini-ITX build in the past).

Side panels could of been aligned better though, slight bend at the back of the fan side panel so it will require some tlc to have that aligned correctly. Also the little washers for the top fans bend very easily, I just gently removed them all, perfectly good hex hole underneath them.

Couple pics of my load-out:
    (Sorry, don't have the best camera around :()
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

NHKS says thanks.