1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

CORSAIR DOMINATOR 6GB (3 x 2GB) TR3X6G1600C8D Overclocking

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by LordJummy, Oct 2, 2011.

1. LordJummy

LordJummy New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have a pack of these in my i7 950 computer and I have never really OC'd them until today. They are running in my old sabertooth x58 board and I have a G.Skill turbulence 2 dual 80mm fan cooler on them. They run really cool even while OC'd though so it's not necessary. I just like to play it safe.

Running latest BIOS v.1304

I normally run them at 1600Mhz give or take a bit & XMP timings of 8-8-8-24 1T, but I decided to play with overclocking them. I'm running a not so ideal bus of 191MHz with 21 Multiplier = 4009Mhz CPU , so my RAM runs at a slightly odd speed.

They are currently running at 954.5MHz or 1909MHz with timings of 8-9-8-24 2T and they are running perfectly.

I've tested them in p95 blend, occt linx, etc, and they have had no issues so far. I'm going to run some memory benchmarks and post the results. I will also see if I can tighten the timings further. I don't think I can get the command rate to 1T, but I haven't tried yet. 2T is what I defaulted to for safety. I like to work my way up instead of down.

This is a really popular triple channel kit due to the fact that they are fast, awesome, and totally overclockable.

I would love to know if anyone else has this kit and how far they have pushed these little monsters. I never realized just how well they do OC until today.

CPU-Z shot of Memory tab:
    [​IMG]

CPU Tab:
    [​IMG]

Experience Index Memory Score: 7.9!
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 2, 2011