1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Corsair Entry Level Carbide 200R Chassis Starts Selling

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Oct 24, 2012.

1. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Corsair announced the most affordable case in its lineup, the Carbide Series 200R (model: CC-9011023-WW). Priced at just US $59.99, the ATX mid-tower aims to offer most of Corsair's signature features that helped established its brand. The case goes with the catchphrase "...the only time you'll need to pick up a screwdriver is to install the motherboard." Measuring 490 x 270 x 560 mm, the case is made of SECC steel and ABS plastic. Its storage area includes three 5.25-inch and four 3.5-inch/2.5-inch drive bays.

The four 3.5-inch/2.5-inch drive bays are arranged in a cage towards the bottom, which leaves a lot of room for long graphics cards - up to 43 cm long. The motherboard tray seats ATX and micro-ATX motherboards, it features cutouts that help you deal with CPU cooler back-plates and pesky cables. As for ventilation, the 200R features a total of five 140/120 mm fan mounting locations and three 120 mm mount locations, arranged in the front, rear, top, and side panel. Its front-panel includes two USB 3.0 ports (standard header, with 2.0/1.1 adapter, and front-panel audio (HD audio header).

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
    cadaveca says thanks.
  2. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Many Thanks to NHKS for the tip.
  3. El_Mayo

El_Mayo

Thanks Received:
    Looks very good for that price
  4. NHKS

NHKS New Member

Thanks Received:
    Design is easy on the eyes.. front looks neat.. SSD+HDD cage seems well designed..
    wish the bottom filter for PSU(only) extended to the bottom fan as well.. but its asking too much for 60$ i guess.. overall, a solid case..

Corsair 200R Value Gaming Carbide Series Computer ...
  5. THE_EGG

THE_EGG

Thanks Received:
    Looks pretty classy for an entry level case. Very nice indeed. I hope it's under $80AUD when/if it comes to Australia. There aren't many other cases apart from BitFenix (and a couple of others) that look this elegant for under $80 in Australia.
  6. [H]@RD5TUFF

Thanks Received:
    Looks pretty solid for $60, better than waht you get from most other companies in that price range.
  7. No_Asylum New Member

Thanks Received:
    Sweet. Its a Lian Li for 1/2 the price :).
  8. Crap Daddy

Crap Daddy

Thanks Received:
    At last a decent case (foremost the looks) at affordable price. That's for the US of course. In Europe it will be as usual, a rip-off.
    NHKS says thanks.
  9. spectrus77

spectrus77 New Member

Thanks Received:
    This 200r could be released as mini-atx, would be very cool. The corsair could further diversify this type of follow-midi-atx the market is full. Especially models of corsair. But, the 200r is cool.
  10. [Ion]

[Ion] WCG Team Assistant

Thanks Received:
    This looks great--if it goes on sale, I'll buy one! :toast:
    Crunching for Team TPU
  11. lZKoce

lZKoce

Thanks Received:
    +1 to that. I think value or not, this case is awesome. But I am tired of only ATX sized cases. The battle of the sizes has already began. Corsair, if your PR snitch is reading this, please make a mATX variant of the 200R.
  12. Casecutter

Thanks Received:
    I don’t know on looks is just a tad too subdue, restrained, like it needs some gunmetal/black chrome trim. Something to quell the “big black box look”, which today is just everywhere, it demands something distinguishing.

I thought it little seemed lax with front USB, I’d almost want 2 more USB 2.0’s. For that top fan area; first I’d like to have one fan for just a H80 (like you’d buy this case and use a H100). Next have a nicer looking and finer mesh cover over that ugly punch-out, while also include a thin acoustic material that can placed between those to minimize noise from that big hole when not using it. Lastly those side panel fans punch-out are obnoxious and stupid… Like does any do those anymore? Those went out of vogue after the P4- 2900XT years, especially given they give you the bottom and top fans. I suppose there a few heavy OC’rs that see them as useful, but most looking at this level if case wouldn’t.

For a budget build case Corsair appears to toss in all the features to make it appear grandiose, when that’s not what many folk’s require at this level. It’s a case that’s a little too pertinacious in the execution while ho-hum aesthetics. I thought Corsair would buck the trend, be more avant-garde... I mean this is a case for 2013, but stuck in 2008.

Oh I agree also. I've been saying Corsair would be the perfect company to release a nice little Midi-Tower for those APU builds, even bundle it with a nice 400W modular Bronze PSU something that provides one 6-pin.
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  13. Binge

Binge Overclocking Surrealism

Thanks Received:
    There aren't enough clean "black box" cases. Kudos Corsair.
    [Ion] says thanks.
  14. nickbaldwin86

nickbaldwin86

Thanks Received:
    Ya want info on the 900D... a review would be nice too :p
  15. Sinzia

Thanks Received:
    I really really like this one, and I'd love a mATX smaller version too!
  16. Jizzler

Jizzler

Thanks Received:
    It's not a pile of shit, which makes it better than 90% of cases released this year.

Plenty of easy-mod potential. (port holes, grill removal for radiators)
  17. m1dg3t

m1dg3t

Thanks Received:
    Sweet lil' box!
  18. DaMobsta New Member

Thanks Received:
    Good job Corsair! Wondering how they're going to do the 40$~50$ segment, if they are going to enter it in the first place. xD