1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Corsair H50

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by 3volvedcombat, Oct 18, 2009.

1. 3volvedcombat

3volvedcombat New Member

Thanks Received:
    I know some of you custom water cooling setup guys, with the nice blocks, resys, rads, and tubing, are ganna push this to a low but idk id see if its me or what.

I have a corsair H50 for free(my dad got 300 dollar gift card for best buy free O;)

Now im curios, whats up with the temps, i actually forgot what i got with my xiggy s1283 darknight. Now i realized you were supposed to install this "mini kit" were it intakes air from the back :nutkick:. I have a antec 902, all the tri cools at max and it dosnt bother me, then 2 xiggy white led 90cfm fans on the side and the fan bracket level to the cpu area. I have a antec spot cool fan on the block to, breezing on mossfets to. Now i have a Push and pull setup, the corsair in the front, and the antec tri cool at max on the back, the rad is chill luls.
    The temps on a e5200 at 1.4 volts on orthos for 15 mins is 58-60c on the cores and 50c on the die top of the cpu. Now when i was installing this mini bitch i was expecting with my AS5 it would be a breeze turning the block side to side 45-50 degrees, but i ended up lifting it about 6 times during the install to see were the screws were. Now im wondering if any other H50 owners think i should repast the block the right way without lifting, and switch every dam fan in my antec 902(beats head as in i think its piontless but maybe, just maybe decrease 5c more at least.)

Just wondering on the tips if any "pro" h50 users knows wassup.
    O ya if you want rape looking comp, get a h50 if your not going full water and not overclocking so high, aesthetics on this thing is rape XD.

2. mlee49

mlee49

Thanks Received:
    Maxing out at 60C @ 1.4V isn't all that bad. Two things I would suggest are to reseat the block with fresh paste(or at least re-smoothed-out), and possibly see about changing the air flow on the radiator to a push/pull setup to push the hot air out your case and pull the air out on the other side. You could try keeping the direction to pull in cold air and adding another fan, perhaps that may help.

I'm not going to maul you on your choice of coolers, a custom setup is a pain and may drop your enthusiasm to keep a highend cooling.

3. 3volvedcombat

3volvedcombat New Member

Thanks Received:
    Tomarwow it happens ill just re drop the block with new paste, and yehh i was going to get a real water cooling setup x-mas anyways. It might still happen, but ill enjoy this cooler and see if i can think of some ways to get some better temps. *staying below 60c thats good :)*:cool:

4. 3volvedcombat

3volvedcombat New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ya right now, its taking intake from the inside after it pases the 4gb of ddr2 and maybe some more heat from the gtx 260, and 9600gso in the computer, but if switch it up to intake from the back and not push air out, then i can probably get even colder air, and possibly get no rise in temps over the system, ram, and cards :). I got way to many fans so im good if it gets insane.

5. SonDa5

SonDa5

Thanks Received:

H50 does a good job at cooling.
    I started a H50 club in the clubs section. You are welcome to join and share your experiences with the Corsair H50.
    http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=104682

From an official Corsair representative posting over at hardforum:

Isn't clear as to which Shin Etsu compound it has but Shin Etsu make very good thermal paste so it may be close to good as any aftermarket paste.

I'm running Gelid Extreme GC thermal paste on mine. I know it is good.