1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Corsair H80i Installation in NZXT Phantom 530

Discussion in 'NZXT' started by someone_new, Dec 9, 2013.

1. someone_new New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi

I have recently purchased the NZXT Phantom 530 and the Corsair H80i CPU Water Cooling solution however I'm a little unsure about the installation process for the Corsair H80i. Should the radiator (120mm) be installed at the top of the case or somewhere else in the case? I have been reading the manual and its very thin on information but mentions that the top of the case supports 120mm * 3 or 140mm * 2. However looking at the youtube videos, I have noticed that everyone seems to be installing these AIO coolers at the back of the case? (but they are using different cases).

Some guidance/recommendations would be greatly appreciated, as this is all new to me and I have never installed a water cooling setup before.

2. BiggieShady

BiggieShady

Thanks Received:
    You should do it on top because of the size of the radiator (or bottom if you remove the lowest hdd bay)
    [​IMG]

3. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    I don't think there is enough room to mount the H80i at the top of the case with both fans and the thick radiator. It starts to interfer with the motherboard.

But really you should just put it where it fits. The top would be ideal, but if you have to put it at the back of the case it should be fine.

Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  4. someone_new New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the replies. BiggieShady, is that photo of the Corsair H80i in the NZXT Phantom 530 case? If so, are both fans exhausting air outside of the case?

Newtekie1, the only downside to putting it at the back of the case, is that the NZXT Phantom 530 already comes with a fan pre-installed at the rear of the case. I guess I could just remove it and put it somewhere else though.

5. Grey_beard

Grey_beard Corsair Rep

Thanks Received:
    I would simply remove the rear fan and replace it with the fans that came with your H80i. In terms being intake or exhaust, that'd up to your airflow set up inside the case, or it depends on which fan orientation gives you the best result with respect to CPU temp.

By default, you would like to blow cold air through the radiator making the fans intake.

someone_new and xD3aDPooLx say thanks.
  6. xD3aDPooLx

xD3aDPooLx NZXT Rep

Thanks Received:
    Grey_beard said it correctly.

someone_new and Grey_beard say thanks.