1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Corsair Hydro Series H50 Cooling Club

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by SonDa5, Sep 26, 2009.

1. 20mmrain

20mmrain

Thanks Received:
    Looking good buddy..... I have that same case. Suggestion though for getting rid of your main 24 pin ATX power cord across the video card.

Unplug the video card and run it up and underneath it. In between the front of the PCIe 2.0 and the card it's self. There should be room there plus it will give you case a much cleaner look.

Here are pics of mine right now maybe give you some ideas for cooling and cable management.

(My 24 pin cable is around the back though )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BTW which way is your fan on the H50 blowing? Also what clocks and temps are you at and getting?

Attached Files:

t77snapshot says thanks.
  2. lyndonguitar

lyndonguitar I play games

Thanks Received:
    yeah thanks for the advice, i will do that when i im not lazy.

I have a Core 2 Quad Q8200 2.34 Ghz, at 3.12 Ghz, idle 37C at most. on load around 50-65C
    Video Card 5850 at 801/1200. Minimum temp 38C, on load between 50-60C
    H50 - Push/Pull Setup, Other fan at the back of the case. then radiator then fan again. All pushing air to the case. :D

3. SonDa5

SonDa5

Thanks Received:
    Overhaul hardware for my RIG is here. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[Ion] says thanks.
  4. random

random

Thanks Received:
    Woo just bought one of these babies today!

I'm going to be upgrading to Intel 930 Platform with UD7 X58 mobo this tax time I hope this cooler will do well of keeping it cool! For now it will be cooling my Q6600 :).

EDIT: I will install it this weekend since my gay ass of a case antec 1200 doesn't have a hole for backplates meaning I have to take my whole PC apart SIGH..

Last edited: Jun 23, 2010
  5. Fatal

Fatal

Thanks Received:
    Since I have upgraded cases I use to have the Antec 900 now I have the Silverstone Raven RV02. My temperatures are poor since I am using the Corsair H50 as an exhaust. My only option with this case is to go water cooled. I may just wait and buy a new motherboard, graphics card and memory. I know the H50 can cool very well just not how I have it set up now.

6. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I have mine setup as a push-pull exhaust. What do you guys think is better? Exhaust or intake? Also what is a shroud? I mean I see its a hollowed out 120mm fan case but whats the purpose?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
  7. pjladyfox

pjladyfox New Member

Thanks Received:
    a. Push/Pull setup - Exaust or Intake?

I think it's usually better to have it setup for exhaust since you really wish to try and avoid dumping hot air into the interior of your case. The temp improvement that you get on average for switching to intake is marginal from what I've seen.

b. What is a shroud?

A fan shroud is designed to assist in channeling the airflow created by the fan eliminating the usual dead-zone in the center of the fan and increasing the cooling potential. Think how a wind tunnel works and you kind of get the general idea.

TheMailMan78 says thanks.
  8. random

random

Thanks Received:
    Well it depends, for me it was an easy sacrifice because I have a top fan on my 1200 right next to where the hot air is being dumped and also have 2 back exhaust fans so for me its better as in take. So instead of grabbing already exhausted air from inside the case it'd be grabbing a fresh batch of air but then again as you said it means more dumped air in the case but its no problem for the 1200 I'd imagine :)

9. Kaiser Kraus

Kaiser Kraus

Thanks Received:
    Can I be a part of this growing club of H20 addicts?:) I got my H50 since May (just in time for the heatwave). Using mine in push/pull configuration right now. Intake at the front of the case and blows the hot air just over the GPU and out the rear and top of the case. My procie OC'd at 3.4ghz @ 1.425v. Idle goes about 26 degrees and at load at about 40 degrees max (while playing Battlefield: Bad company 2). By the way, I don't use the AC so ambient temps are higher. Planning on fabricating an acrylic reservoir for my H50. Here's a pic of my rig atm.

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      157.2 KB
      Views:
  10. Hellfire

Thanks Received:
    Hi, can you guys suggest some good fans for this push/pull set up, I currently have Antec trispeed running 100% at 79CFM, I was wondering if there is a higher CFM 120mm fan to push a higher airflow? or suggestions, cheers

11. random

random

Thanks Received:
  12. Hellfire

Thanks Received:
  13. random

random

Thanks Received:
    tbh most fan controllers out there are quite adequet, just go with the one that looks prettiest with your case haha.

14. pjladyfox

pjladyfox New Member

Thanks Received:
    Remember when you are talking about fans for ANY kind of radiator the CFM does not really matter only static pressure. You can have the highest CFM fan get spanked by a slower fan just do to this. With that in mind here are some good, and proven on the H50, high static pressure fans:

Noctua NF-P12

Static Pressure 1,68 mm H2O
    Static Pressure with L.N.A. 1,43 mm H2O
    Static Pressure with U.L.N.A. 1,21 mm H2O

Cooler Master R4-BMBS-20PK-R0

Static Pressure 0.40 – 3.90 mm/H2O

Cooler Master R4-L2R-20CK-GP

Static Pressure 3.04 mm H2O max

Scythe Gentle Typhoon D1225C12B3AP-13

Static Pressure 2.039 mm H2O

Any one of these fans, while a bit more expensive than most, should do a very good job of providing more than adequate cooling without driving you insane from noise. ^_^

random and Hellfire say thanks.
  15. Hellfire

Thanks Received:
    oh right, I'll be honest I do not know much about fans, hmm so is higher the Static Pressure the better? if so the R4 L2R from cooler master looks nice,

Ok, look like I'm going to look into two of these - COOLERMASTER BLADEMASTER CASE FAN 120x25mm Black ... the CoolerMaster blade although I only have 2x 4pin connections on my mobo and one 3pin, which means I'll need a fan controller, which I suppose isn't bad!

Last edited: Jul 2, 2010
  16. pjladyfox

pjladyfox New Member

Thanks Received:
    PWM, or pulse-width modulation, is usually used for CPU fans since they can be controlled by the BIOS automatically speeding them up or down when needed. You would probably be better served by trying to find some non-PWM fans especially since you're just going to wind up hooking them into a controller.

Also, you may want to consider hooking the pump for your H50 directly into your PSU via a 3-pin to molex connector. I've not done this myself but some swear by it since it takes any concerns with the BIOS slowing the pump down due to any power management options that may still be running which can degrade the performance of the H50. If you wished to you could split the difference by testing it first using the motherboard header then try it the other way and see which one works best for you.

Lastly, you may also wish to consider using a different TIM than what is supplied with the H50. The only reason for this is that they put it on pretty thick and it can also affect what kind of performance you get. Myself, I tried both MX-3 and some of Cooler Master's ThermalFusion 400 and actually got better results with the ThermalFusion 400 over both the MX-3 and stock TIM which is Shin Etsu x23-7783D.

Bottom line play around with things a bit and while it may be frustrating at first you will eventually find the sweet spot. If you have issues or questions let us know and we'll do what we can to help.

Hellfire says thanks.
  17. Hellfire

Thanks Received:
    Cheers, but I ordered the " R4-BMBS-20PK-R0" Coolermaster fans, per your suggestion above, on its way already.

cheers for the suggestion, I do have my pump running 100% 24/7 (controlling it with Asus Fan Xpert) but may look into changing it onto the PSU with a molex converter. The computer was built by a company and they didn't use the TIM provided as I have it here (they supplied it with the machine)

I'm gonna try the R4-BMBS-20PK-R0's when I get them and see my results, at present I've got an ambient of 24-6c and get using temp of 35c-40c max when gaming with multicore games.

However I'm using two different fan types in the push pull config, I'm using the stock fan along with the 3speed Antec case fan so I think that's hindering it somewhat.

18. Fatal

Fatal

Thanks Received:
    Finally took a picture :laugh: been going over the post how to take better pictures I still need to learn my camera.

[​IMG]

ebolamonkey3 and t77snapshot say thanks.
  19. NAVI_Z

NAVI_Z New Member

Thanks Received:
    may i join?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:)

t77snapshot says thanks.
  20. t77snapshot

t77snapshot

Thanks Received:
    NAVI_Z says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  21. NAVI_Z

NAVI_Z New Member

Thanks Received:
    It's actually a ccfl. I have the fan pulling air from outside the case. My Tempts are: 32c idle, 46c full load. Eventually I'll add another fan.

t77snapshot says thanks.
  22. SonDa5

SonDa5

Thanks Received:
    Great looking rigs! :cool:

Still tweaking my DFI X58 JR build. Just got the H50 installed and everthing is running well.

Youtube movie of my build so far. It's a mess but it's under construction.

The swap is finished. DFI p45 JR to DFI X58 JR.

Proper cooling is set up. Time to tune the i7-930 for speed and stability with single HD5770 then I'll put another HD5770 in for Xfire.

Video of what it is looking like so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKxwPmfISNQ

NAVI_Z says thanks.
  23. (FIH) The Don

(FIH) The Don

Thanks Received:
    did you guys know that the H50 is designed by a small danish company called Asetek? i bet that 99% of you dotn know that lol :laugh: and so is the H70

bit-tech made a nice article here about the company

24. SonDa5

SonDa5

Thanks Received:

Didn't know that. H50 caught my interest as soon as I found out about it. Great idea.
    :toast:

Asetek and Corsair have a great thing going.

http://www.asetek.com/partner-products/corsair-h50.html

25. dude120 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yup, and there are many h50 look alikes used by OEMs for their computers all over the world.
    There are also asetek units with 240mm radiators, but are somewhat hard to come by.