1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Corsair in Acquisition Talks with Blackstone Group Consortium Member

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Hood

Hood

Thanks Received:
    The Suckness Quotient

Probably true, but some suck much more than others. Corsair, not so much. I think they want to suck as little as possible, because they constantly improve their designs and seem to listen to customer feedback. In a suckass world, being just a little better than the competition is enough for suck-cess.
  2. james888

james888

Thanks Received:
    What do you dislike about the 550d? I have one and am quite fond of it. It was everything I was looking for in a case at the time.

I find it funny that you guys all want bigger cases like the 900d or a larger 550d. I would love it if they made a very compact matx case 550 style. One reason corsair is great is because they do have such a full product line and that it is not so far fetched to wish for such cases.

I am worried that being bought will diminish them. It might not happen right away but... I don't know. It might of happened anyways.
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
    Crunching for Team TPU
  3. Vancha

Thanks Received:
    Corsair are overrated. They're good, but not enough to deserve being the default choice they seem to be for RAM and PSUs. Their peripherals are far from great, but again seem immensely popular. Their AIO coolers and cases are the only things that seem to get appropriate praise.

I almost hope getting bought might bring them down a peg or two, simply to level out the market a bit.
  4. de.das.dude

de.das.dude Pro Indian Modder

Thanks Received:
    corsair rocks. i have heard only good stories about their reliability and service.
  5. Hood

Hood

Thanks Received:
    Maybe their lower-end stuff is debatable, but their top lines are some of the best for typical PC builders, like the PSUs made by Seasonic and Flextronics, and the Dominator Platinum that runs tighter timings than all the rest. Their Neutron GTX SSDs are also in the top 5 for performance, maybe top 3 for reliability.