1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Corsair SPD Problems

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by error_f0rce, Jul 19, 2006.

1. error_f0rce

error_f0rce New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have 2 512mb sticks of Corsair Value DDR2 667 (5300). CPU-Z, 3DMark05, Sandra, Passmark and others show no SPD data... wtf? In fact when I run them at 667, all I see in CPU-Z is the latencies, not even a freq. If I underclock them to 533 a freq of 266 shows up, but still no SPD data.... :wtf: :mad: :banghead:
  2. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    dont worry about it. as longs you know the memory is running as it should, thats all that matters.
  3. error_f0rce

error_f0rce New Member

Thanks Received:
    hey Ketxxx, thanks for responding. See my concern is that I don't know what it's running... for all I know it could be underclocking my RAM. I've read that for anything over 666 (when running 800FSB) that most BIOS' will underclock the RAM because 667 and above was originally intended for 1066FSB and above... is there any truth to that?
  4. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    not with my board m8,mine is at 900 no problem,and i have had it up to 1000 at 3.75.i can see what it is running at on everest.on cpu-z it says 450.8,and my fsb:dram is 3:5.you need to change that board pal.your mem is probs ok.
  5. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    Not that I've personally seen so far. I'll have more deffinateanswer on that when Mushkin send me some AM2 equipment for testing, but I've deffinately not seen any issues about that.
  6. error_f0rce

error_f0rce New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the info guys, 'preciate it :)
    Yup, as soon as I find a way to get $400 for free :laugh: I'll be getting a new mobo and PCIe graphics card :)ohwell: I loved you AGP... but you made me get a crappy board :cry:)
  7. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    cashetti thinks his chip is crap because he cant clock with his board,but thats like saying your chip is crap when it blatently isnt.my mate has my old 805 and i know it will do 3.8+ but his board is shit too so he cant go over 3.2ghz.

your chip is a good chip error_force,mine is a cracker.i just wish i knew how high i can go on the vcore without frying it.4.2 is quite easy and i'm sure it has more.

these three bad clocking boards shows how important a good board is if you want to clock.

are you keeping the 930 or changing it for connie when you get some cash?

[​IMG]
  8. error_f0rce

error_f0rce New Member

Thanks Received:
    Probably keeping the 930, and when I get some cash switching out for a new mobo and pcie graphics card. Then with the next chunk of change that comes my way I'll be getting a connie. Luckily most new 775 boards (including the one I have now) are compatible with both D & connies (as long as they support 1066fsb).