1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Corsair TX750m or 750v2 for my GFs pc

Discussion in 'System Builder's Advice' started by Wakizashi, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Wakizashi New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello all,
    I need a new PSU for my GFs pc to be sure because her hdd just died and also the pc wont start when I try graphic cards like x1950pro or my HD4870 (for testing purpose, if the fault lies in PSU).

I wanted to try the TX750 line, because my gamming rig has one for about four year, when it came on the market with the first version with CWT, And I am quite happy with it, although it does not have OPP only other safety things, which surprised me bit negatively...

HX is to expensive and TX could be good option. I have looked at TX750v2 which is made by Seasonic from your review and has nice 12V stability, but not so much the 3.3, which has not even pass your testing.

Or TX750m which has a bit weaker in 12V but has better 3.3V an 5V. So it is "this" or "that" and I really do not know, what to choose. I think the seasonic should be bit more quality, but worrying, they are now keeping it only for their mid-high end retail supplies. I also red somewhere, that 12V is more important in this times, so maybe the V2 could be better, although it is only little difference. It also seems that 750m has quite a bad ripple.

I am not sure, how much better or worse my own first TX750 stands against those, but I am really confused, which one to choose. One did not seem to pass the test for 3.3V and has probably better ripple, because you were not writing about bad situation in the review, other has worse ripple tests but better 3.3V.

Can anybody help me in the final conclusion what PSU to choose? I still like 5Y warranty for Corsairs.

Thank you for replies and opinions and I am sorry for long post.
  2. johnspack

johnspack

Thanks Received:
    Really, either tx750 will do just fine. I use an older 1st gen tx750 to run 2 gtx260s folding 24/7, never have an issue. I probably would pick the v2 however.
    Wakizashi says thanks.
  3. Jstn7477

Jstn7477

Thanks Received:
    I run an overclocked i7 2600K, unlocked 6950, a GTX 550 Ti as well as 8 hard drives, card reader, and DVD burner with 4 120mm generic case fans on a 1st generation 750TX from 2009, and it doesn't skip a beat, even when both GPUs and CPU are fully loaded simultaneously. V2 is a newer design and may be slightly more energy efficient.
    Wakizashi says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  4. Wakizashi New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello,
    thank you both.
    While ago the V2 arrived. From what I have read, the V2 should have Seasonic base, while my old one has CWT. Who knows, maybe I will swap my supply for the one my GF should get, if it will be more quiet.
  5. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    The V2 actually is better than the M, and obviously is better than the previous version too. Those two are both by CWT. The M's only advantage is some modularity, but performance-wise the V2 is the better choice. You chose well, especially if modularity is not important.
    Wakizashi says thanks.
  6. Wakizashi New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello,
    I though so too. If I was really decided to buy the modular one for her quite small midicase, it surely should have much more modulars and really a few hardwired cables. I guess few more cables in non-modular version will not do thing worse and as I stated, I will try the new supply and maybe stick it to my quad. Thanks.