1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Corsair XMS Memory Active Cooler

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by Kursah, Mar 28, 2007.

1. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    I bought one of the Corsiar XMS memory coolers from newegg, it's for their Dominator series of DDR2. I have to say I am amazed at the difference. This thing is worth every penny of $25. My example:

My G.Skill DDR2 800 OC'd to 960, 2.25v, 4-4-4-12, Stock Heatsinks
    Idle- ~40c Load- ~53c

After XMS cooler installed:
    Idle- ~30c Load- ~35c

All I have to say is WOW! I thought I'd share with those of you out there with spendy memory, and OC-ers, as this is a very good investment. Keep in mind this thing is big enough to cover 4 memory slots, has 3 40mm fans that move a lot of air for their size and are unexpectedly quiet, and clips over the memory lock tabs very easily and stays there. How I got my temp readings: My Aspire X-Cruiser case has a temp diode, I stuck it in between my DDR stick and Heatsink. Ran many Orthos (CPU and Mem Max Test) and memory tests. Right now my memory is sitting at 30c and isn't budging. If ya have expensive memory, or even cheap memory, keep it cool and living longer with this cheap cooling solution, I am so happy I got it. Here's the link:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835704001

2. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    Just to give those who may be looking for a good system memory cooler (also cools NB and MB area around memory) a good idea of a very good cooler. Mine still works great, is very quiet and still cooling my memory very well! I couldn't be happier and wouldn't choose another cooler. This thing is built like a brick and does it's job well. Almost 4 months later and I'm still impressed!

And yes it does cover 4 DIMMS and is adjustable, does a decent job of clamping also! I do recommend removing the Vid card when installing just to make sure you have all the room needed for install. :toast: