1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Cougar Fans Worth It?

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Wastedslayer, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Wastedslayer

Wastedslayer

Thanks Received:
    Going to be updating my Antec 902 with a new case, and one of the new H110's from Corsair. Now I know the stock Corsair fans aren't the greatest and seem to be hearing a lot of good things about the Cougar fans (and they look nice), but my question is are they worth the $$.

A quick google on the fans doesn't really turn up too much in terms of reviews.

I was planning on grabbing 2x140mm for the H110, and Prob 3-4 120mm for case fans. If you want to recommend something other/better be my guest.

Thanks!
  2. Chevalr1c

Chevalr1c

Thanks Received:
    Scythe Slipstream fans give good value for money. Nidec Servo (though distributed under the Scythe brand in some regions) Gentle Typhoon fans are excellent as well but are relatively expensive.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  3. lilhasselhoffer

lilhasselhoffer

Thanks Received:
    Newegg currently has the 120mm orange fans on sale. Very quiet, good pressure, and decent installation options. $9.99 plus free shipping.

The other models are nice, but they are on the expensive side. If you want quiet performance, then spend the money.
  4. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
  5. Animalpak

Animalpak

Thanks Received:
    He write the corsair H110 this means he need 140mm fans !!!!!!!!!!!

Gentle typhoon are only available with 120mm fans !

Not so much choice for the 140 mm fans market. But you can buy the cougar's or Noctua's if you want extreme silence.

Go with the cougar.
    Chevalr1c says thanks.
  6. rtwjunkie

rtwjunkie

Thanks Received:
    The 140mm Cougar fans are definately worth the money! They are pretty quiet, and move alot of air! I even put one as my exhaust on my wooden HTPC case, which doesn't have the greatest airflow, yet it's evacuating the hot air quietly and keeping the components cool.
  7. Wastedslayer

Wastedslayer

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the advice guys, went ahead and grabbed 2x120mm and 3x140mm Cougar fans to go into a new White Cooler Master Storm Stryker case.

Looking forward to trying these things out.
  8. terrastrife New Member

Thanks Received:
    "Worth it" would depend on your budget :p
    For me I would've went with Yate Loon fans, total bargain for their quality (less than $4 for 120mm and about $8 for 140mm, with your choice of plastics or LED colours).
  9. Vario

Vario

Thanks Received:
    I like the cougars. They move a lot of air silently. Its worth it if you don't want to sound like an airplane. From my testing a thermaltake high speed fan on a fan controller running at low speed makes more noise than a cougar fan on molex at 100%. The thermaltake moves more air then the cougar with both at 100% but the noise is deafening.
  10. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    Bgear Blaster Fans Are The Best 140mm Fans Out There. Cougars Aren't That Great As Their Specs Are Exaggerated