1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

"Could Not Start COM+ Event System" and Automatic Update Problem

Discussion in 'General Software' started by flashstar, Jul 11, 2008.

1. flashstar New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm trying to solve a problem with one of my Windows 2000 servers. There are about 5 services that won't start currently but I feel that the most pressing matter is the COM+ Event System service. Whenever I try to start this service, the computer throws back an error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

I've checked and its dependency, remote procedure call is working. What can I do to fix this problem?

I also have trouble with automatic updates. When I try to start the automatic update service, I get "Error 2147746310: An unexpected internal error was detected" and the service does not start. What can I do to fix this problem?

When I try to manually update the system online, I get the error: "Files required to use Windows Update are no longer registered or installed on your computer." Windows update then prompts me to "register or reinstall the files for me now" but when I do that, Windows Update freezes! :eek:

I'm positive that there is no virus on the system because Symantec Endpoint protection is up and workking.

Thanks for your assistance! :)