1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Could use some help with an itx build...

Discussion in 'System Builder's Advice' started by Sinzia, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Sinzia

Thanks Received:
    I plan on using the newish coolermaster elite 120 case, with the z77 asus itx board/i5 3570k and a 660 ti

Due to the cramped space in an itx case, does anyone know of a short cabled PSU?
    I know silverstone has the short cable set for the strider series of power supplies, but is that the only one?

I could always mod a psu, but I'd rather not have to deal with the hassle, I don't have a good crimper or the pins needed to do that kind of mod correctly.

Thanks TPU! =D
  2. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    Sinzia says thanks.
  3. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    Generic PSUs typically have short cables. But then again they're not exactly recommended...:laugh:

Check out TPU's review on that case, it would seem that the use of a PSU with "typical" cable lengths didn't really cause a big problem.

"I used a unit of standard length with plenty of room left for the slightly above average long ODD on the opposite side. You should, ultimately, be alright, even with a somewhat longer power supply."
    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/CoolerMaster/Elite_120/5.html
    Sinzia says thanks.
  4. Sinzia

Thanks Received:
    Thanks guys, I thought for some reason the space for the PSU was smaller than that, if Darksaber could fit a non-modular psu in there then nearly anything should fit.