1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Could you help me reach 5Ghz?

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by technicks, Jan 14, 2012.

1. trickson

trickson OH, I have such a headache

Thanks Received:
    As I like the setup and all maybe if you did this to your rads you may see better temps and less stress on your pump . This here is my setup and it has always worked very well for me . I have yet to see the temps get above 70c at 100% load . I do not know what you can do other than this . At least give it a shot . ;)

Attached Files:

2. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    if you have a hot CPU (but i suggest you take your time bleeind the line etc first) you can increase the flow rate. piggy back pumps (with same flow rate) one pumping right into the others rez.

3. technicks

technicks

Thanks Received:
    Res is full. In a few weeks i'm gonna get the Lian Li bench table and only run the 360 rad.
    So no more fiddling on this setup.

4. Chicken Patty

Chicken Patty WCG Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Just read the last few posts and definitely running only the 360 rad might be your better option. Just get the tech bench and go from there. Keep us posted.

5. technicks

technicks

Thanks Received:
    If i can cash out the money i will buy a new cpu block and maybe go for more powerful pump.
    I read that the pump i have, the Liang MCP350 does 440 liters an hour. The MCP655 puts out 1400 liters an hour. That will get things flowing!
    Would be nice if i could get the temps down like 5 to 10*C. I have to live with the fact that this chip isn't one of the coolest. But i love it anyway.
    If i could get it running at 5Ghz stable and don't go past low 70's that would be awesome.

6. Chicken Patty

Thanks Received:
    I have read multiple times and in different sites that the MCP 355 with aftermarket tops flow better than the 655. Although the 655 flows more LPH, the MCP 355 has better head pressure. I'm not a watercooling expert, but look into this and see what you can find out.

Here, read this. Says it in the first post.

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/foru...-3-1-mcp-350-into-lain-ddc-3-2-mcp-355-a.html

trickson and technicks say thanks.
  7. overclocking101

overclocking101

Thanks Received:
    I would say the best bang for buck cpu block now is the swiftech apogee HD it's super cheap and has decent temps. the problem is that your current block is years old and worked best on core 2 duos. if you are cooling just cpu the 350 is fine you wouldnt need to get a fancy top for it the have some cheap good ones that will allow you to run 1/2 tube without using reducers.
    at sidewinders the apogee hd is on $59.99 and a decent 350 top is $22.99. you should see a good 7c drop in load temps and at leas 5c idle. then you can add a bit more voltage without having a HOT cpu.

Chicken Patty says thanks.
  8. technicks

technicks

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  9. Chicken Patty

Thanks Received:
    Yeah the new Apogee HD's are awesome from what I've read and is probably the block I'll get soon for my 2600K.

10. technicks

technicks

Thanks Received:
    Think i'll will buy the black one. Saves me a bit, some black 1/2 tubing to go with it then i will keep it under €175. Maybe i can sell the Swiftech apogee and the chipset block i have to get some cash back.

11. Chicken Patty

Thanks Received:
    Unless you need it for something else, selling the stuff you took off always helps making some of that money back. :) THe black is one is super nice anyways dude.

technicks says thanks.
  12. Hayder_Master

Hayder_Master

Thanks Received:

no my dear friend you should not feel like that dude no noob try to hit 5ghz LOL, some guys post whatever they thing it's will be the cuz and in same time it's like an truobleshoting put all expect cuz's to find the problem.
    Anyway maybe it's bad quality chip.