1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Counter Strike: Global Offensive Available for Pre-Purchase on Steam

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Aug 8, 2012.

1. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    The price seems to reflect just enough to pay the dev they outsourced it to, which is pretty awesome.

I played the beta a bit and I have to say I'm fairly impressed with the upgraded visuals, while the gameplay stays the same as CSS. My only issue, which should be fixed come release is the bullet spread on the M4, that gun was far too gimped the last time I played.

It also launches on my birthday. I'll likely be playing!

2. happita

happita

Thanks Received:
    Depending on how good the game is and how it was reviewed by original 1.6 players, I would have payed up to $40 for it. But seeing as though the launch price is so low, I just went ahead and pre-ordered it for $13.49. The sales numbers for pre-orders and when it officially launches should be interesting.

Nice...happy birthday. My present to you will most likely be a few headshots here and there :laugh:

DannibusX says thanks.
  3. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    If I were going to make a game, then ya, I would put in the effort to make it correctly since that is the field I went in to, the passion I have for doing what it is i do, and what I am getting paid to do. That is the difference between a quality game and a shitty port.

4. Morgoth

Morgoth

Thanks Received:
    so are you tryng to say that valve is not putting anny effort into the revamped cs version?

5. happita

happita

Thanks Received:
    What makes you think that this is going to be a shitty port? Have you even played the beta? I don't understand this mentality. So you think your passion for making video games is that incredibly different than any other game developer? I don't think so. Most of how the team went about making this game was going to the community for suggestions and improvements, but also keeping the old school part of it alive. They want to cater to the people that bought the original Counter-Strike a success and simply improve on it the way the community feels is the best way. Graphically, competitively, and technically.

6. stinger608

stinger608 Dedicated TPU Cruncher & Folder

Thanks Received:
    Hell, for $13.49 I had to get in on it. It will probably go up at the release date anyhow. I had a great time during the CS:S days. :)

Isenstaedt says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  7. xxdozer322

xxdozer322

Thanks Received:
    i sure hope its better than beta, beta disappointed me. As of right now i think source is still more fun to play.

8. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
    Just got the compleate pack, I'm downloading CS:S for the first time in almost 5 years...

9. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    Everything is centered around consoles these days. Valve has released CS games for consoles in the past, and if that is what they are doing now, its probably centered around them like I said. And no, i wasnt in the beta.

As for the video game developer thing, i didnt say my "passion" for making video games was differernt than that of the developers. I merely said that most devs take shortcuts in doing everything instead of doing it the right way the first time.

10. GLD

GLD

Thanks Received:
    No SP makes me sad. I bought CS:CZ at end of last year Steam sale and was like OH SNAP! why is this the only CS game ever with SP!? I had a blast playing it and felt as happy as a little school girl. IDK if I will be buying CS:GO if it is just a beautified CSS. :(

11. xxdozer322

xxdozer322

Thanks Received:
    that package deal is INSANE. i might just pick it up to have and gift it to my cousin as soon as he get a new computer

12. KevinCobley

KevinCobley

Thanks Received:
    There is an issue with Steam and Global Offensive, Iv'e paid but am unable to download this has occured with others. Hope valve fix this before August14.

13. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    is it even up for preload yet?

14. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
    I think it's because it wont come out for another two weeks, not a bug.

Mussels says thanks.
  15. happita

happita

Thanks Received:
    Unfortunately, the nature of CS is multiplayer, nothing else. If they did make a single-player it would have to live up to the potential of the Counter-Strike name which isn't an easy feat. So I guess it's a good thing for them to keep doing what they know. But like you, I also enjoyed the CS:CZ single player campaign as well.

I'm not sure if they released CS 1.6 or Source on consoles, not that I can remember anyway. But I'm sure they took note of the PC market when they started development on the game seeing as though CS was born on the PC to begin with. I kept going over my friend's house to see him play because I didn't get into the beta, but from what I saw, it looked promising. And when it comes out, it'll confirm everyone's expectations about the game.

16. KevinCobley

KevinCobley

Thanks Received:
    The release date is 14 August

This game is being released on 14 August, that's 5 days away! Steam has always downloaded Valve products like HL2,TF2 preloads many weeks before release.

17. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    and?

so far it seems like you're just upset that you cant preload 2 weeks early, when nothing has said you should be able to.

18. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
    It's august 21st

19. acerace

acerace

Thanks Received:
    We are the consumers. We meant to be critics.

20. H82LUZ73

H82LUZ73

Thanks Received:
    Well August 14 would = preload
    And August 21 would=end of pre order @13.99 and release.:toast:

:lovetpu:Pre-Purchase Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

SPECIAL PROMOTION! Offer ends 21 August

21. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    BETA access will be avaiable on 14th August...

Sir B. Fannybottom says thanks.
  22. [XC] Oj101

[XC] Oj101

Thanks Received:
    So I want to buy this but already have CS:S. How should I do this so I can trade CS:S with someone else for something else? Buy the whole thing as a gift, redeem the rest of the games and trade CS:S?

23. happita

happita

Thanks Received:
    If your talking about getting the entire CS collection including Global Offensive, then whatever CS games you already have will be giftable to whomever you wish to give them to.

24. [XC] Oj101

[XC] Oj101

Thanks Received:
    Ok thanks, buying now :D

25. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    Went ahead and bought for myself. 13$ is quite a good deal and I HOPE they remade this game with source GFX but with CS 1.6 style play

Scrizz says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU