1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Cinematic Trailer

Discussion in 'Games' started by natr0n, Aug 20, 2012.

1. natr0n

natr0n

Thanks Received:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
    james888 and NHKS say thanks.
  2. Hayder_Master

Hayder_Master

Thanks Received:
    it's cool, i am already playing it on steam

3. mafia97

mafia97

Thanks Received:
    what is the system requirements for global offensive?

4. Melvis

Melvis

Thanks Received:
    A XBOX 360 :laugh:

Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E6600 or AMD Phenom™ X3 8750 processor or better
    Memory: 1GB XP / 2GB Vista
    Hard Disk Space: At least 7.6GB of Space
    Video Card: Video card must be 256 MB or more and should be a DirectX 9-compatible with support for Pixel Shader 3.0

Its not bad just started playing it today, it will take a little bit of time to get used to, but so far i dont mind it.

5. GLD

GLD

Thanks Received:
    So it is launched now. You that have it on PC, can you tell us what you think? I haven't played CS:S in ages. Is CS:GO good?

6. Johnny5

Johnny5 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I played tons of 1.5/1.6 competitively but hated source and never played, CS:GO makes CS fun again.

7. johnnyfiive

johnnyfiive

Thanks Received:
    i like your name

8. silkstone

silkstone

Thanks Received:
    I've played about 15 minutes of it. First impressions: Nice graphical update, however, telling the Ts and CTs apart is more difficult and it's more difficult to see players for the background.
    Buy menu sucks, but you can still use the hotkeys.

Players seem to be able to take more damage before dying than in previous games, but maybe that is just my poor skills.

9. james888

james888

Thanks Received:
    This is a game I have just started looking at. I want a good shooter that is only a shooter. I have some good games already, but they fulfill other things I want like a good story or strategy. I bought a lot of steam during summer sales for the stories. Natural selection 2 is awesome and has the strategy I want. I missing a good shooter that is solely a shooter.

I used to play alliance of valiant arms(AVA). It is a f2p game similar, but far superior to the better known combat arms. It gradually moved towards pay to win. Then the game got infested with hackers. That was the last straw that mad me stop playing. Its role in my gaming is missed. A good fast shooter.

The reason I even stated all that is to give you guys a reference for what I am looking for. Do you think CS:Go would be a good shooter for me?

Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
    Crunching for Team TPU
  10. silkstone

silkstone

Thanks Received:
    For $15 it's worth a shot. Pity no demo is available :( but i'm sure there are plenty of youtube videos or live streams, why not watch one of those before making your mind up?

11. james888

james888

Thanks Received:
    Not enough good youtube videos. I looked. The best was a beta competitive game where they never focused on a single person for long. I agree though, $15 is not much. I don't want to pay and then not play it though. Maybe I will look again for some more youtube videos.

Crunching for Team TPU
  12. silkstone

silkstone

Thanks Received:
  13. james888

james888

Thanks Received:
    Ah, twitch tv. The forgotten place that is the answer to most of my questions.
    I like this guy better. He doesn't always go to the same places as those guys.
    https://www.twitch.tv/summit1g

I was told by a few people on a stream that it had similar gameplay to AVA, but required better aim. That kinda made my decision right there. I will be getting this game relatively soon.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
    Crunching for Team TPU
  14. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    To me it looks like CS:source, maybe better graphic, I was thinking of buying it but will wiat for some discount on steam :)Hvent played shooters in a while

15. silkstone

silkstone

Thanks Received:
    I imagine it'll be quite a while until it's discounted. You might get lucky during Christmas, but at a $15 price point, i can't imagine it'll be discounted more than 50%

Jaffakeik says thanks.
  16. james888

james888

Thanks Received:
    I feel so many games are over priced. $15 sound reasonable. $35 is the most I will pay for a game, and only I really really want it. $25 I think is a good price point. For me, $15 is very reasonable. Less than two hours work for what will amount to many hours of entertainment. Sounds good to me.

Crunching for Team TPU
  17. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    50% is more than enought :) even 33% would be great,its just I dont wanna pay full price for game witch is practically same as CS :source

18. Melvis

Melvis

Thanks Received:
    After playing more of this game i found it alot more like COD in a way, seems to be alot more spray and pray unless your using the snipers. Also the shot guns in this game suck ass, if your more then 10feet away forget about doing any damage :S bring back the M3 dam it!!! lol

19. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    Shotguns are weird sometimes though i wouldn't call them useless. Mostly the inconsistency of doing long range (headshot) kills one time and inability to make 1m kills the other time. MAg7 is also very incosistent, sometimes it makes instant headshot kills, sometimes it doesn't. usually when i carry it... Sawed off has a broken reload animation which adds stupid delay between pressing reload and actually doing it. In most cases i pick the automatic one which trades power for shooting and reloading speed.

Despite raging me quite some times since release, CS:GO plays much better than CS:S, i just wish there were more maps. Constantly playing just Office and Italy is getting a bit boring.
    I miss my daily dose of Militia, Assault, Compound, Cbble. I also miss MP5, silencers and other tiny things we already had in CS:S but are gone now. But new maps are imo top priority, i can live without everything else, but having this few maps is very annoying.

20. Melvis

Melvis

Thanks Received:
    Yea i would agree, i just found myself "thinking" i was hitting the person but when i look at the damage done its either very very low or no hits at all, drove me up the wall. That been said then id have a few 1 shot kills also and have a very good round, but it was rare and im comparing it all to my 20000 kills with the old M3 in CSS :pimp: They just don't feel like they have any weight behind them u know?