1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Counter-Strike Global Offensive dated & priced

Discussion in 'Games' started by happita, Jul 15, 2012.

1. happita

happita

Thanks Received:
    This will be a day 1 purchase for me, and that says something when I usually wait for games to hit $29.99 or less if I'm interested enough about them. I'm an original CS 1.6 addict and since I don't really hear much about Global Offensive, I thought I would do a google search.

Here's what I came up with... :toast:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-06-04-counter-strike-global-offensive-release-date-announced

Also, http://counterstrikego.com/ for more CS:GO info including a developer interview which is somewhat interesting as he touches on topics such as recoil, info from the community, etc.
    Valve has announed this info so you KNOW its official.
  2. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    I think i will wait.....from what i hear the reviews were fairly positive but there is little that jas changed with the game apart from re-mapped graphics/maps new gun sounds and a few new weapons.
  3. Aquinus

Aquinus Resident Wat-man

Thanks Received:
    I think I'll have to skip it if they're planning on using the Source engine.
  4. happita

happita

Thanks Received:
    Well, apart from all that, they did say that people will be able to try it before they buy it. So your not forced into spending the $15 that will be wasted if it wasn't everything you thought it would be.
  5. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ill just wait for it to hit the bargain bin, I think I have wasted enough time on CS lol
  6. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    LOL, because Valve is going to use Unreal.
  7. Aquinus

Aquinus Resident Wat-man

Thanks Received:
    How about something that isn't over 10 years old. I also never implied that they were going to use Unreal or any other company's engine. Source is antiquated, simple as that.
  8. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    Source Engine used in latest Half-Life Episodes is far from 10 years old and it doesn't look like 10 years old either. I'm more concerned of it's netcode which is total crap as already experienced with CS:S...

Yeah right, what they said there is that we in the EU will pay 15 EUR for it and others will pay 15 USD for it...
  9. tacosRcool

tacosRcool

Thanks Received:
    I would like HL3 instead please!

$15 ain't that bad even for a mere refresh. I do hate how they consoled the interface
  10. catnipkiller

catnipkiller

Thanks Received:
    I quit playing css after it was ported to mac and went to shit. I hope they dont fuck up the bullet registry or else i wont be buying this game.