1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Couple of WC questions

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Kantastic, Sep 20, 2009.

1. Kantastic

Kantastic

Thanks Received:
    Questions:

1. What is a tach sensor? (Mainly the one on the Swiftech MCP655-B, the one without the speed switch.)
    2. What would be a good AM3 waterblock? (I've looked at the Enzotech Luna/Sapphire and some of Swiftech/dTek's offerings.)
    3. Are there any downsides to having a bay reservoir?
    4. Does the size of the res matter?
    5. Are pumps/reservoirs/radiators "tube size" specific?
    6. To run more than one loop, what extra parts would be needed?
  2. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    1.A tach sensor is a RPM sensor that you can plug into a motherboard 3/4 pin fan connector to look at the rpm's of the pump in a program like Everest or SpeedFan

2.Heatkiller 3.0 is the best, but awfully expensive. I have no complaints about my Dtek Fuzion V2.

3.I don't think so, other than losing some front bays.

4.It comes down to how much room you have really. The bigger the res, the more water your loop can hold, the longer it will take the water to heat up. This is all minimal with a proper loop that suits your needs.

5.No, most of the radiators sold today use fittings using G1/4".

6.One loop = radiator, pump, block(s), resevoir (optional), tubing. Two loops would require all of those parts again. You can run multiple blocks using one loop as long as the pump and radiator are sufficient.
    Kantastic says thanks.
  3. Kantastic

Kantastic

Thanks Received:
    I have another!

7. For 1 or 2 loops, would a dual pass radiator be necessary?
    8. Are there any downsides to having a dual pass rad versus a single pass? (More specifically, the Black Ice GT Stealth 280 versus the Black Ice GT Xtreme 280.
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2009