1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

CPU Boss - Compare CPUs With Ease

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by BondExtreme, Jan 23, 2013.

1. BondExtreme

Thanks Received:
    I just found this brand new site through PC Gamer, CPU Boss. It is quite a useful tool. You can sort, compare and discuss CPU's on this website.

For example, you can compare the Intel Core i7 3770k and the AMD FX 8350. The site will first go through the conclusion giving an overall summary of who the winner is, comparing general features, performance and reviews, giving the processors an overall score.

The site will then delve into the next category; features. This includes comparing clock speeds as well as L2 and L3 Cache.

The next category is performance. This will go over physics, CPU, cinebench R10 32-bit and with single core, and Passmark.

The next category is a list of differences. This will go over if the processors have a GPU, if the processor is hyperthreaded, etc.

Last categories are reviews and competition which is self explanatory.

They still have some kinks to work out on the site but overall, I believe this could be a great tool to use if you are on the hunt for a new CPU. Check out the site and have fun! :toast:

2. LAN_deRf_HA

LAN_deRf_HA

Thanks Received:
    This sort of site is getting more and more popular. I love the one for cameras http://snapsort.com/

3. tongey54

Thanks Received:
    Anandtech Bench is also useful for comparing benchmark and game performance.

4. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Could be interesting, will check it out after work

5. swicky New Member

Thanks Received:
    Good find, thanks for sharing. I've been looking for something like this for a while since it's kind of a pain to have a million tabs open to compare specs and benchmarks and this site puts all that info in one page. I haven't spent too much time with it yet but it looks like they aggregate that data (plus reviews), and then visualize it in a nifty infographic style interface. I also agree that there's some tweaking that needs to be done but it looks like they just launched, so it'll be interesting to see where they go with it. GPUs? Motherboards?

6. BondExtreme

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, they just launched back in December I believe. I was one of the first to 'like' them on Facebook. They responded to one of my comments on there and even noted that they still have kinks to work out but they are barely in their second month so the site should shape up quite nicely when they really get things going.

7. swicky New Member

Thanks Received:
    You guys got me started on them so I thought y'all might want to know these guys just launched a new site to compare graphics cards: GPUboss.com ... I read about them on PC Gamer a few days ago and was fiddling around last night comparing gpus i'm looking at. Pretty fun to play with so far IMO. Here's an example of one of their comparison: http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-HD-7970-vs-GeForce-GTX-690

8. Sasqui

Sasqui

Thanks Received:
    Nice find, was curious to compare my E8600 to the new 3750K. Gee, guess who wins?

9. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    had CPU BOSS bookmarked for a month or so now and bm'ed GPU BOSS the morning it came out. GPU Boss came in very hand when showing my friend what he had to gain by trading his 7770 for my 6870.

Crunching for Team TPU