1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

cpu temperatures with new mobo GA-EP35-DS3R

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by P4-630, Apr 29, 2008.

1. P4-630

P4-630

Thanks Received:
    Yesterday I replaced my gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2R (matx) with a gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3R motherboard.

Lots and lots of overclock features on this mobo, but no PWM fan control in BIOS:(..

And my "cpu" temperature is higher then the 2 core temperatures, I assume the cpu core temperatures are usually hotter then any other temperature on the cpu, at least this was the case with my previous motherboard.:shadedshu

[​IMG]

I use a AC Freezer 7 pro cooler and also the cpu runs about 6 degrees hotter then when installed on my previous matx mobo. (lapped cpu and heatsink base)

The cpu cores should always be the hottest temperatures on a cpu:confused:

Attached Files:

2. dark2099

dark2099

Thanks Received:
    I've had the same thing happen when switching between mobo's, might just be one of those things that happens. Course that was with a 3.4GHz P4.
  3. paybackdaman

paybackdaman New Member

Thanks Received:
    my two core temps are lower then my CPU as a whole...(may be a stupid question) but when you reseated your proc did you reapply thermal paste? because if not this may be why you have an increase in temperature.
  4. Nitro-Max

Nitro-Max New Member

Thanks Received:
    Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom.{East Anglian Coast
    Another thing i could point out is that Northbridge voltage could be higher and that would have an effect on overall cpu and core temps.
    which i have learned though different configuratons wilst overclocking and keeping the same cpu core voltage.

or maybe speed fan isnt accurate some say it is some say it isnt depends on the mobo.
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2008
  5. P4-630

P4-630

Thanks Received:
    I took the motherboard out, replaced the original northbridge heatsink with a thermalright heatpipesink w/fan, the northbridge temperature went from 70+ degrees celsius to 35..

I also re- inserted the cpu/heatsink + new layer of AC MX2.

As result, the cpu temperatures went down about 5 degrees, but still for some reason the 2 cores run a few degrees cooler than the actual "cpu temperature" with speedfan.

cpu runs idle between 30-35 (e2200 @ 2880)

After 200 hours the temperature should be about 5 degrees lower.

Thanks for the replies guys:)