1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

cpu usage problem again

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by newmodder, Nov 12, 2005.

1. newmodder New Member

Thanks Received:
    i noticed this happening again, cpu usage is ay 99% system idle at 0%, everything else at 0% aswell, bf2 completely froze on me twice today, never froze on me before.any ideas would be helpfull.:banghead:

oh its the system running at 99%
    heres a pic
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2005
  2. djbbenn New Member

Thanks Received:
    Just out of curiousity, check to see if there is a file called "CTHELPER.EXE" running, if so end it and see what happens. It is for you Agility drivers, which have had problems, and I am on a hunch that it might be this. I'v seen lots of other with this problem, and it's an known issue.

-Dan

Edit: I see you have the file, just try ending it.
  3. newmodder New Member

Thanks Received:
    tryed and nothing

i tryed to end the process and it just sat there.
  4. Israar

Israar

Thanks Received:
    Do you have Norton on that computer? Every computer I had with Norton had a CPU usage problem, my solution was complete format and use another firewall as in my personal experience with Norton; It sucked bad.

I'd recommend Zone Alarm if you wish to purchase one, and if you need an Anti Virus program, go for AVG, they have a free edition and I've never had a virus I couldn't take care off with it ;)

http://free.grisoft.com/doc/1

Hope you get it sorted mate!

--Lee
  5. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    well i just googled it and it seems that system.exe is infact related to norton antivirus. is it scanning in the background?
  6. Slayer New Member

Thanks Received:
    another possible reason could be Something Like Cool N Quiet what my XP 2600+ did while it was idleing the cpu would go to 100% cooling itself
  7. newmodder New Member

Thanks Received:
    freezes on all games

it freezes on all games, jedi knight/outcast, bf2 got 5 secs in the games and froze.tested my memeory no probs there, i dont think it is norton cuz it just started the other day, took out my audigly zs still freezes, took one stick of ram out, still froze, tryed other stick..same froze.downed the dram volts to 2.55 from 2.6 still froze.the only other thing i have to try is a unistall of bf2 and reinstall.but it does this with all the games.so i dont know ready to chuck the f-ing thing out the window.
  8. Slayer New Member

Thanks Received:
    hmmmm well at this point iam gonna ahve to think about this but ill get back to you!!
  9. newmodder New Member

Thanks Received:
    i fixxed it i hope

i went into add/remove programs and found the ati uninstall utility.ran the sucker, i guess i had some left over ati software on my system.my mobo has the ati radeon express chipset,hope it dent:wtf: uninstall that...or does it matter?:confused:
  10. Slayer New Member

Thanks Received:
    it shouldn't because you can always reisntall the drivers!
  11. newmodder New Member

Thanks Received:
    reinstalled bf2 :)

i reinstalled bf2 and work good now even with the 81.85 foreware drivers but the sound is a little bit glitchy, gonna reinstall adigly zs and see what happens