1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Crazy cock fighting roosters (Sleeping Dogs)

Discussion in 'Games' started by Frag Maniac, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    So this is like my 3rd play through in this game, and at the part where you have to jump up through a building on the way to bug Vivien's apt, I took the wrong route and fell down a story and had to climb back up.

It seems it's almost an intentional misdirection because there's a lock box down there that can only be accessed that way. I've fallen down there before and been able to open that box no problem.

This time however there were 3 cock fighting roosters wandering around, which I don't recall seeing there before, and every time I tried to get to the box they'd attack me by pecking at Wei's legs.

So I ran around the scaffolding away from the box to lose the roosters, then back to it, but it still wouldn't highlight, so I couldn't open it. Is this a crazy mini puzzle they added with one of the latest patches?

I didn't have a gun at the time, but I'm wondering if you have to shoot them then open the box. This was so strange I was imagining myself in one of those talking animal movies with them insulting me for not being able to fight them. :laugh:
  2. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    If it is the one I think you're talking about, you can't open it until you're past a certain story mission.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  3. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    Have you seen cock fighting roosters there though? As I said, I don't recall ever seeing them there before.
  4. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    Can't say I did. The roosters were only in the cock fighting gambling dens.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  5. Widjaja

Widjaja

Thanks Received:
    I thought this was going to be an actual game and not part of a game :(

Anyway I have not seen roosters outside of the cock fighting areas either.
  6. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    Well after responding to your reply it occurs to me that I forgot to point out, as I said in the first post, that I have in fact opened that box before at that point in the game, so I don't know why it's not opening now.

I don't understand the loose roosters either. I don't think that place is anywhere near a cock fighting area. Damn, should have taken a screenshot. At the time I was more worried about opening the box, and I thought it would be easy to replicate for proof.

I guess I need to go back there and see if they're still there. Not sure I remember where the place is though.