1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Creative Announces Sound Blaster X-Fi MB2 Software Suite

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Jul 29, 2010.

1. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    And many features work on non EAX games as well. Like CMSS-3D that creates incredible 3D positioning on only 2 speakers (i'm talking proper 3D space positioning, not some cheap echo effect filter), Elevation Filter handles reproduction of sounds above and below so you perceive them the same way you do in real life (they just sound different if they are above or below you).
    And also sounds that are close to you sound very different. So you can always tell if a car is trying to pass you by or zombie is tearing you on the right side in L4D. Most ppl don't even know these things exist and affect sound because they all just run around screaming how Creative sucks. But as an old user of Aureal Vortex based soundcard and long time Creative user i know how to appreciate good sound. Not just in terms of raw quality but in terms of proper 3D sound positioning. Been taking sound as advantage in gaming for ages and have been accused of wallhacking several times, because i could read the 3D sound so well, it looked like i'm using a wall hack.

2. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    No but crippling the hardware by charging for the software to make it run is shitty whatever way you look at it, unless you wouldn't mind paying ATI/NVIDIA for drivers? same thing.

3. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    what?:( crippling hardware by charging for software

:confused:

its not creatives hardware with the MB software, its their software and they charge for it(I would say rip off people though) but its there software and they have the right to charge for it.

would you want want to be a artist and bundle a music cd with a cd player and someone loses the cd then pirates it, of course not.

4. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    Well, if you don't like Creative software part you can always use basic drivers provided by the core vendor. Usually Realtek or ADI...

5. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    You mean I can use drivers for my Audigy 2 ZS that aren't Creative drivers, or some form of Creative drivers? I would love to actually be able to use that card without all the issues I have with it with Creative's drivers.

Crunching for Team TPU
  6. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    I was talking about X-Fi MB software. You can use it or you can just use base drivers that were meant for that device in the first place.

7. ToTTenTranz

ToTTenTranz New Member

Thanks Received:

The X-Fi MB is a software product.
    If you buy Office 2010 and lose the box with the cd-key, microsoft won't give you a new one. If you buy Photoshop and lose the serial, Adobe won't give you a new one.

You buy a motherboard that bundles a game. If you lose the game's serial, the developer will not give you a new one.

Now, do you understand the ridiculousness of your complaints?
    You're actually complaining that Creative isn't the first company ever that compensates their customers for lost serials.

Then again, it's Creative. Any chance to bash Creative is a good one, even if the reasons are completely shallow.

8. D4S4

D4S4

Thanks Received:
    sooo, it's Creative bashing week? :toast: :p

9. mdsx1950

mdsx1950 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Its not just that. You cant use the serial more than 5 times. That's what pissed me off. If you reinstall windows or you reinstall the software for 5 times it's gone. :shadedshu

10. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    I think i've re-installed it more times and it's still working. But i can't be sure. You can still contact their tech support. Going to their forums for advice is also useful. I can say for sure that they will sort this out since you still own the software and valid serial. Windows work the same way. I have to call MS every time i re-install Vista. Though i use disk imaging so i only have to do that if i change my hardware too much (last time it was when i had to RMA my mobo).

11. exodusprime1337

exodusprime1337

Thanks Received:
    sooo... is this software out, or no... i can't find a dl, and i didn't have to enter a key for my software... crosshair IV here?

12. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    when you install from a cd sometimes you won't need the key because its in the cd but when you download it from their site then key or trial.

its not out

13. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    X-Fi MB 2 is now on Asus's site if you want to try it.

Look under the RAMPAGE III GENE for the software.