1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Creative Labs quietly releases X-Fi drivers for Windows Vista

Discussion in 'News' started by zekrahminator, Oct 13, 2006.

1. zekrahminator

zekrahminator McLovin

Thanks Received:
    One of the complaints of Windows Vista beta testers was the utter lack of an X-Fi driver. A quick patch on Creative Lab's main website left much to be desired, offering very limited functionality. And so Creative Labs has made a much better driver, but put it on their Asian website. It is not listed on the European site. The driver, which is here, works on Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic, Platinum, Fatal1ty and Elite Pro cards. The driver should work on Windows Vista RC1 32 bit and Windows Vista RC2 64 bit. The only bug listed on Creative Lab's website is the lack of 6.1 surround sound, and a lack of support for some applications on the original driver CD.

Source: TheINQ

2. bornfree New Member

Thanks Received:
  3. xylomn

xylomn New Member

Thanks Received:
    Glad to see some drivers for my X-Fi on vista, hope they're gonna be decent

Have you tried the latest builds of vista yourself... not nearly as bad as a lot of people make it out to be and also remember this is a BETA product it isn't finished yet (although very close to what it will be released as)

Oh and MS doesn't suck... you try making an OS as complicated as windows, thats supports such a wide range of hardware and not have bugs :p

4. Jimmy 2004

Jimmy 2004 New Member

Thanks Received:
    The new Audigy 1/2/4 drivers were released for XP the other day... I know it isn't quite related but if anyone reads this at least they'll know, I don't think it was a news topic.

5. DaMulta

DaMulta My stars went supernova

Thanks Received:
    Your late with the drivers, I had them on day one. EAX does not work in the 32bit ver nor can you chose a setting higher than high in ultra for BF2. 5.1 does work now, and but the EQ isn't working as of yet, everything else seems to be working now. I have still yet to have tried a Open AL game as of yet.