• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Creative premieres new series of docking speaker systems for iPods

Bastieeeh

Processor Dual Xeon 2.8GHz
Motherboard Asus PCH-DL
Cooling Alphacool NexXxoS XP and Dual Laing
Memory 4GB Samsung
Video Card(s) Sapphire X800XT
Storage 8x Hitachi 7K250 Raid 5 and 2x WD Raptor74GB Raid 0
Display(s) Eizo 21" FlexScan T966 CRT and S1910 LCD
Case Lian Li PC-V2100B
Audio Device(s) Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS
Power Supply Tagan 480W TG480-U01
SINGAPORE - April 11, 2007 - Creative (NASDAQ: CREAF), a worldwide leader in digital entertainment products, today announced a new lineup of state-of-the-art docking speakers for iPod players with the Creative X-Fi Sound System i600, Creative PlayDock i500 and Creative TravelSound i docking speakers. Combining elegant designs with exhilarating acoustic performance, these audio solutions allow users to get seriously creative about entertainment and unleash the fullest potential of their iPod players.

Incorporating the critically-acclaimed X-Fi Xtreme Fidelity technology that restores all the vitality, definition and bass of MP3 music to the X-Fi standard, the Creative X-Fi Sound System i600 features a powerful 2.1 docking speaker system and uncompromising X-Fi audio quality that is sure to impress any music enthusiasts. The multi-purpose Creative PlayDock i500 and Creative TravelSound i docking speakers will instantly transform iPod players into vibrant entertainment hubs in homes or outdoor environments.

The Creative X-Fi Sound System i600, Creative PlayDock i500 and Creative TravelSound i are all designed as docking speakers for the various models of iPod, iPod mini and iPod nano with dock connectors. For the convenience of different users, a variety of docking adapters are bundled with the speakers. Users can now charge their iPod players while listening to music or podcasts.

Creative X-Fi Sound System i600
The Creative X-Fi Sound System i600 is a high-power 2.1 speaker system designed to seamlessly integrate and dock with iPod players. It offers the purest sonic fidelity available for PC desktop, notebook or in a living room setting. Designed to be the premier hi-fi system of the digital media revolution for homes or desktops, this is the first speaker system for iPod players that incorporate Creative's award-winning X-Fi technology. It features X-Fi Crystalizer that intelligently helps restore the detail and vibrancy lost during the compression of downloaded music and movies, and X-Fi CMSS-3D technology which allows users to enjoy surround sound over both headphones and speakers.

The technologically-advanced Creative X-Fi Sound System i600 comes with satellite speakers featuring high-performance drivers for efficient reproduction of mid and high frequencies. The compact subwoofer features a dual flared port tube and a long throw 8" driver that greatly reduces any audible distortion, producing a clean, deep bass. An ergonomically-designed multi-function wireless remote control features all the crucial controls within easy reach.

For a private listening experience, users can connect the speakers to another audio device using the line-in and headphones output that are located at the rear of the audio control pod. The Creative X-Fi Sound System i600 also has an audio/video out feature that allows images and videos stored in iPod players to be displayed onto external visual display devices such as TVs, thereby providing users an enriching and lively audio experience when watching movies or listening to music.

Creative PlayDock i500
The Creative PlayDock i500, a high-fidelity portable docking speaker system that is designed to play, dock and charge iPod players while users listen to their music. It achieves its sensational balance and accuracy with two full-range drivers and a high-power subwoofer that will mesmerise users with its impressive audio performance. Combining outstanding audio performance and portability, the classy Creative PlayDock i500 delivers music and podcasts in amazing audio quality for the iPod. A high-gloss finish and contoured design ensures that this powerful audio solution definitely has the looks and audio prowess to become the centre of attention for any occasion.

The Creative Wide Stereo Effect feature enhances users' audio experience by expanding the soundstage, giving a greater sense of immersion and spaciousness. A built-in subwoofer offers users superior bass and power. Bass levels can be conveniently adjusted from the bass control knob to suit any surroundings or occasion.

The digital amplifier allows Creative PlayDock i500 speakers to channel its power more efficiently, ensuring a longer battery life. Being dual-powered, users can choose from eight C-size batteries, which allow 16 hours of continuous music playback on the go, or use the bundled universal power adapter. An ergonomically-designed built-in handle makes it easy for users to transport the speakers around.

A fully functional wireless IR Remote gives users easy control of the Creative PlayDock i500 and iPod. Using the audio/video out connection, users can port the Creative PlayDock i500 to TVs to view movies and photos stored in the iPod on the big screen. These versatile speakers offer user-friendly features and many flexible listening options that truly brings people together.

Creative TravelSound i
Designed as a compact docking station for iPod players, the Creative TravelSound i enables the iPod to be charged and play music while being docked. The Creative TravelSound i features USB connectivity for users to transfer their music, photos and data files.

Exceptional sound quality is produced using four premium full-range NeoTitanium microdrivers. The Creative Wide Stereo Effect feature enables this portable music speaker system to produce an expansive sound field. These compact speakers also have built-in port tubes that enhance the audio by providing a lower bass.

Audio and video files stored in iPod players can be viewed on TVs when connected to the Creative TravelSound i. A wireless IR remote is also included to control both the speakers and iPod. The Creative TravelSound i can be powered with either four AA batteries, which allow up to 25 hours of extended music playback, or with the bundled universal power adapter.

Pricing and Availability
This exciting new lineup of Creative docking speakers for the iPod will be available early May at The CREATIVE Stores at Marina Square, Plaza Singapura and International Business Park, the online store at sg.store.creative.com, as well as retail outlets in Singapore, at the following suggested retail prices:
The Creative X-Fi Sound System i600 is available for S$599.00.
The Creative PlayDock i500 is available for S$299.00.
The Creative TravelSound i is available for S$199.00.

For more information, please visit www.asia.creative.com.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Zalmann

System Name HP Pavilion dv6
Processor Intel Core i7-2630QM
Memory 8GB (2 x GEIL 4GB DDR3 SO-DIMM C9 1333MHz)
Video Card(s) ATI Mobility Radeon HD6570
Storage 750Gb WD 2.5" WD Scorpio Black
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Sony, and now Creative are making iPod accessories, everyone is into it these days.

WarEagleAU

Bird of Prey
System Name Pandemic 2020
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 "Gen 2" 2600X
Motherboard AsRock X470 Killer Promontory
Cooling CoolerMaster 240 RGB Master Cooler (Newegg Eggxpert)
Memory 32 GB Geil EVO Portenza DDR4 3200 MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS Radeon RX 580 DirectX 12 DUAL-RX580-O8G 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video C
Storage WD 250 M.2, Corsair P500 M.2, OCZ Trion 500, WD Black 1TB, Assorted others.
Display(s) ASUS MG24UQ Gaming Monitor - 23.6" 4K UHD (3840x2160) , IPS, Adaptive Sync, DisplayWidget
Case Fractal Define R6 C
Audio Device(s) Realtek 5.1 Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RMX 850 Platinum PSU (Newegg Eggxpert)
Mouse Razer Death Adder
Keyboard Corsair K95 Mechanical & Corsair K65 Wired, Wireless, Bluetooth)
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
I hate the ipod and the accessories suck, well some of them. Id like to see some 4.1, 5.1, 6.1 and even 7.1 new computer speaker systems. Havent had anything new since creatives gamer deal.

Zalmann

System Name HP Pavilion dv6
Processor Intel Core i7-2630QM
Memory 8GB (2 x GEIL 4GB DDR3 SO-DIMM C9 1333MHz)
Video Card(s) ATI Mobility Radeon HD6570
Storage 750Gb WD 2.5" WD Scorpio Black
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
I hate the ipod and the accessories suck

Each to his own mate, nobody is forcing you to buy their gear or accessories, and yes, it would be nice to get 5.1 or 7.1 systems, especially for the video ipod, not much use for music though, unless you like the artificial DSP effects.