1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Creative recon3d on Newegg

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by jagd, Dec 11, 2011.

1. jagd

Thanks Received:
  2. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    Not yet but i do want it. Any reviews out there already?

Though looking at this picture:
    http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/img/pcw/docs/475/452/25.jpg

I'm not sure if i want it. No HW accelerated OpenAL, no ASIO support, no DS3D support, you'd also expect it to support 256 voices in games by now. And also what's up with SNR of 102dB where all the old cards have 109dB ?

jagd says thanks.
  3. jagd

Thanks Received:
    No reviews for internal ones yet (to my knowledge ) , im searching for info and user experience . Uriel from overclockers.co.uk said
    ''Pretty much nothing for single player gaming. Quad core my foot! It's nothing more than a rebrand of the X-Fi's Quartet DSP that we were using back in 2005. See: http://www.anandtech.com/show/1776/4

There are a couple of extra features but nothing that will significantly benefit gamers. Creative have interestingly not markedted the term 'Quartet DSP' since 2006ish so maybe they're hoping everyone's forgotten.

Creative seriously need to stick some fireworks under their R&D team if this is the best new soundcard launch they can come up with.

THX Trustudio Pro is nothing more than a CMSS renaming exercise, as far as I can tell. ''

And a creative product hits the market without any review :eek:

Edit :Forgot to add hardware acceleration coming back with win 8 what will happen to these cards than?

4. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    In before "I don't like your face" Creative hate.

5. seronx

seronx

Thanks Received:
    Misplaced hate blame Microsoft not Creative ;)

I am still waiting for reviews for this lol but we will probably not see the full potential of this device till Windows 8 when Hardware Sound Acceleration will be reactivated since FOREVER!!!! Begone max of 64 voices!!! I shall get 128 voices!!!

Creative 70SB135400000 Sound Blaster Recon3D Fatal... <-- Fatal1ty

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011