• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

OFFICIAL Cross of the Dutchman (Announcement)

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage Samsung SM961 256GB + HGST 1TB
Display(s) 1080p IPS G-SYNC 75Hz
Audio Device(s) Bang & Olufsen
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro

Cross of the Dutchman [Official Site] is an isometric adventure game being created by Triangle Studios (Robot Dance Party, It came from space, and ate our brains). It’s being brought up as an indie title for PC, although the developers are actively seeking to bring it to box Xbox and Playstation platforms. The game is being created in Unity, and was demoed back in 2012.

The game follows the folk legend of Grutte Pier (Pier the Great), a peaceful farmer who lived in a small town of Kimswerrd with his wife. The village is plundered by Saxons, and his wife is murdered while Pier tries to save the burning village. Pier gathers an army of farmers to stand up to the oppressors of the town, and became a Frisian legend. It’s a very artful game, and comes part and parcel with a novel written by Ate Grypstra. The team recently released a demo and the book to 1885 students to encourage them to read. The team is giving it one final push to get the game out for 2015.

Gameplay below:

Last edited:

Remco

Hey RCoon

Thanks for posting about Cross of the Dutchman. Just wanted to pop in and let you know that the screenshots are pretty old (and will soon be replaced on the website too!) the game looks more like this now:

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage Samsung SM961 256GB + HGST 1TB
Display(s) 1080p IPS G-SYNC 75Hz
Audio Device(s) Bang & Olufsen
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
Hey RCoon

Thanks for posting about Cross of the Dutchman. Just wanted to pop in and let you know that the screenshots are pretty old (and will soon be replaced on the website too!) the game looks more like this now:

If you ever want a review doing, hit me up first and I'll get right on it for release!