1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Crossfire questions

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by Dop3KinG, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Dop3KinG New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi my motherboard supports crossfire i have a 4830 is it worth getting another as 1 lane is a 16x and the other is only a 4x.Any help would be very welcome.

2. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    The x4 land shouldn't make much of a difference sine they aren't the most powerful of cards. If you can find another 4830 cheap, go for it! It's always something fun to play with at least. If you have to spend over $80 bucks for another card though, forget it. Then again, you may be one of the unlucky ones who has nothing but headaches with CrossFire. After been there, done that myself, I would just look for a more powerful single card solution.

3. FR@NK

FR@NK

Thanks Received:
    +1

Crossfire is great but one fast card is always better IMO.

4. DRDNA

DRDNA

Thanks Received:
    get it ..you can run higher resolutions in games with more eye candy turned on...it normally adds noticeable performance gains! I have been using crossfire since it was available to the public and have no complaints. I haven't looked back to a single card set up since my very first CF set up.