1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Crossfiring and 5850's

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by Jaxx, May 15, 2010.

1. Jaxx New Member

Thanks Received:
    http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=108857

This is the only thread which I can currently find which has the same problems as me. I really am stuggling to fix this.

I am going to copy an' paste what ive been posting to all forums I can find about video cards.

I currently run two ATI 5850's in crossfire and I notice i am getting some real bad flickering. It is espically obvious when steam interface is brought up ingame. This flickering only happens in modern warfare 2. I have up to date drivers ( 10.4 ) and my video cards are not broken...I think not.

I understand this may be the wrong section of the forums so if it is can someone point me in the right direction, or give me a link to where i can submit issues to IW so they can fix in a new patch

tl;dr

1)get flickering in game

2)Need link to bug/problem thread

Would be awesome if someone could help, rather upsetting having spent alot of cash on a 2nd card and it not to work in a game i enjoy very much.

( this is pasted among several threads )

-----

Now I dont know if this is useful but Ive got

i7 920 @ 3.6 ghz
    ASUS p6t v2 mobo

I am not your much tech wise guy you can find, but i think this issue with my flickering on codmw2 is games fault and not mine. I really hope it is as that 260 pounds I have spent is useless now.

Help would be great, thanks.
  2. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    One thread only please, its hard to remember which is which
  3. Jaxx New Member

Thanks Received:
    I didnt know which section was best, sorry for the inconvience but you have to understand this matter is getting pretty upsetting now :\
  4. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Which is why you should check the other thread first :p