1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[EU] Crucial V4 256GB £99.00 OCUK

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by UbErN00b, Sep 25, 2012.

1. UbErN00b New Member

Thanks Received:
    Tatty_One says thanks.
  2. MoonPig

MoonPig

Thanks Received:
    I'll save people time and post the usual OcUK responce:

"If it was any other company, this would be a good deal"

Wonder if they're any better now that CaseKing (iirc) owns them?

Millennium says thanks.
  3. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    CaseKing owns them? Since when?

4. MoonPig

MoonPig

Thanks Received:
    I'm sure i read about them being taken over about a year back...

5. Jarman New Member

Thanks Received:
    i make about 8 orders a year with overclockers...never once had a problem in over 10 years of shopping with them.

6. the54thvoid

the54thvoid

Thanks Received:
    TBH, the only gripe I have is that they can yo-yo their prices a bit when it comes to that lovely art of price inflation before a sale.

But I've also noticed Scan moving the goalposts too. That being said, I've never had anything but decent service from OcUK.

7. Tatty_One

Tatty_One Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Let me assure you that you are therefoere very fortunate and in a minority, certainly from the 30 or 40 people I know both in these forums and in real life so to speak. I appreciate 30 or 40 people is a tiny fraction of their business but almost all of those 30 or 40 who were regular customers at some point over the last 1 to 5 years have a story to tell, mostly with returns TBH.

Having said that, I have made 2 orders with them and done one warranty return in the last year and they have been good, general consensus throughout some of the better known UK forums is that they have improved dramatically.

8. MoonPig

MoonPig

Thanks Received:
    Aye. Returns is the issue (or was, CaseKing did buy them).

If i hear afew more praises of their current business, they might get a returning customer.

9. Jarman New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have returned many items for RMA (usually headphones) still never had a problem. The only time i did was when i returned some Geil TCCD ram (this is going back 5+ yrs) and they sent me Geil value instead. As soon as I emailed them they apologised and rectified the problem almost instantly. Seriously everything i buy for my PCs comes from OCUK (with the exception of water cooling gear), as does most of my friends gear (and we order quite regularly), never had any issues with delivery, returns etc....maybe they like the welsh idk.

10. Millennium

Millennium New Member

Thanks Received:
    It's tempting. I have 120gb in my desktop and laptop both and they are both big enough. Perhaps in a year or two. Also there was a 120 for £40 recently (not as fast granted) so prices may still drop.

11. twicksisted

twicksisted

Thanks Received:
    ive ordered loads from them over the last 7 years... them and ebuyer, depends on who has the best price/delivery for the part and timeframe im looking for i guess... havent had any issues with either!

12. UbErN00b New Member

Thanks Received:
    They are a lot more customer service focused over the last couple of years, though before that they did have a bad reputation for it and returns and anything else except for taking your money which they have always been good at. Can honestly say over the last 4 years I have had no issues with them, though in that same 4 years i have had various with dabs and their bloody security holding up orders for days, the same with ebuyer.