1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Crunching overclock

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by silkstone, Jan 1, 2011.

1. silkstone

silkstone

Thanks Received:
    I just started crunching again and so am going to be running my cpu at 100% 24/7.

I'm just wondering if my VRMs (on my mobo) should be safe at my voltages. (screenie attached below)

I decided to bring the clock down by a few mhz as it allows me to run at 0.04v lower than at 4.4ghz.

The actual bios settings are at 1.475v, so i should prolly re-do my v-droop mod as the graphite trace seems to have degraded over the year, but this isn't too much of an issue as i've done as much benching as i wan't at 1.6v.

I'm pretty unconcerned about the cpu temps but my worry is that my board has no cooling on the VRMs, i'm currently waiting for some thermal adhesive so i can fit some little heatsinks on them. At the moment i have heatsinks stuck on only 7/8 VRMs (as my remaining heatsink adhesive tape became 'unsticky')
    Would it be worthwhile getting some coolermaster thermal glue and permanently attaching heatsinks to the VRMs? It costs $20 here for a tube, and i think i'd only use it once, my Graphics card still has another year or so under warranty and so i wouldn't want to void that, my motherboard went out of warranty a while ago so i don't really care about making modifications.

I feel it is fine, but i'd like some re-assurance. What do you think, 1.42v 24/7 with full cpu load?

[​IMG]