1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Crysis 2 leaked almost 50 days early

Discussion in 'Games' started by Wrigleyvillain, Feb 11, 2011.

1. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Meh, for $60 bucks they should just be included. I don't like this practice of having DLC's ready when the product is launched. A DLC is something that should be made after the fact.

To all you pirates out there.. An oldie by a goody: http://cristgaming.com/pirate.swf

2. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    I bet many companies do the same.... fortunately it isn't discovered because noone leaks their games 2 months in advance.

But I agree, it's unethical ("New content" my ass)

3. Aceman.au

Aceman.au

Thanks Received:
  4. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    Visceral Games (Dead Space 2) was pretty clear they designed DLC from the beginning. I don't have a problem with that. I don't like spending $10-15 on a unlock code for content I already have on the disc. that seems a little shady to me.

random says thanks.
  5. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    THis isn't the disc, this is a copy of the game in alpha/beta stages that some employee at crytek had, you're probably not going to see the DLCs on the game disc, you'll have to download them

6. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    I don't know if Crytek is going to keep it on the disc. I didn't take the screen shot or play the leaked copy. it's just a popular topic these days. at least you can confirm DLC for Crysis 2 :)

7. HammerON

HammerON The Watchful Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I think this is wrong (downloading and playing the game):(
    It makes me sad to see the mods taking part in this...

Unsubscribed

Crunching for Team TPU
  8. 1nf3rn0x

1nf3rn0x

Thanks Received:
    IMHO, I think this WAS on purpose. IDK if you know but there is no "demo" like there was for Crysis. This could be a demo, the bugs on purpose etc. They might look at download numbers and say "Fuck, a lot of people are going to buy this game".

Just my two cents. I'll will *cough* get later it as my download limit is close D:.

As for effecting sales? Anyone could of pirated the original Crysis, it done well. Well enough to make Crysis Warhead AND Crysis 2. A very healthy series imo.

9. Aceman.au

Aceman.au

Thanks Received:
    If this isn't fake they will release information on how this got out (if they find the source) and why. If we hear nothing about how this was released early then it's probably an early release to get everyone jizzing in their pants.

I know it's buggy but that adds to the fact in may be masking an early release

10. HookeyStreet

HookeyStreet Eat, sleep, game!

Thanks Received:
    This is pretty bad news :( I don't PC game anymore, but I can feel the pain of the PC gamer and the lack of stellar titles to run on thier expensive rigs. Console piracy is fair game to me because SO many idiots will buy the game full price anyway. But it's a different story when it comes to PC gaming.

Any self respecting PC gamer will wait for the official launch and buy Crysis 2 legit. But if you don't, shame on you!

HammerON says thanks.
  11. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    its so linear.. Atleast the first one u had more options and avenues of approach.. this is jus, walk down street kill enemy.. Go into courtyard kill enemy.. go into camp kill enemy..

12. streetfighter 2

streetfighter 2 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have no way of testing this, but for what it's worth:
    1) Open .\GameCrysis2\GameData.pak with 7z/winrar
    2) Extract Libs\Config\defaultProfile.xml to .\GameCrysis2
    3) Open defaultProfile.xml with your favorite XML editor and change the controls.
    4) Start the game up and type loadActionMap defaultProfile.xml
    Don't tell me if it works or not. I don't want to know and it wouldn't matter to me anyway.

ShiBDiB says thanks.
  13. HookeyStreet

HookeyStreet Eat, sleep, game!

Thanks Received:
    I had a feeling it would be.

14. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    It works.

I have no way of testing it though. :laugh:

15. TAViX Guest

Told ya'....

COD/MOH mets Gear of War/FEAR. This is how I felt this game....:shadedshu

16. Over_Lord

Over_Lord News Editor

Thanks Received:
    ^^^so can we blame consoles for this to have happened to crysis?

17. animal007uk

Thanks Received:
    Nope, As far as im concered this has sod all to do with consoles, From what i have seen and read my guess is this was an early beta test far from final release. Some pissed on employee probs got sacked so stuck the files on his/her usb stick and did a runner and leaked it.

Also why do most people think this is going to be a shity console port, Yes this game is on the consoles to but the engine itself wasent made for console then ported to pc, its a cross platform engine designed to make the best use of what its running on? thats the impression i got from everything i have read over the months.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2011
  18. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    this game WAS made for console.

just because its developed on PC doesnt mean its not made primarily for console...

let me explain this to you.

level design is always more linear on the console ports, because of the sheer amount of memory space needed. they need it linear so they know when to load and unload textures and models out of memory.

far cry? crysis? nice big and open maps. free roaming.

crysis 2, made for console? linear corridors with very little roaming - yes you can choose left, right or middle, and whether to go high or low... but you're within shooting distance of every enemy in that zone.

Multi platform games are the same on each system - they cant just have different levels between PC and 360 and PS3, so they have to make levels that work well on each system - in other words, the game is made for the lowest common denominator.

just because the PC version has better graphics and good mouse and keyboard controls, doesnt mean the levels, the AI and the gameplay havent been crippled so that the consoles can handle it.

Speaking from playing the beta, i can say consoleitis has infected the controls - you dont use the radial menu any more for the controls.

V is melee and 'power' melee, depending on whats in front of you.
    shift is now run and speed run combined into one (whereas previously you had to activate speed seperately)
    Q and E turn shield and stealth on and off.
    strength is gone completely
    space is jump and power jump (what strength used to do) in one.
    '1' changes weapons (not to slot 1, it just swaps to the next weapon)

basically, all of the controls have been simplified into as few buttons as possible, so that it fits on a console controller.

So levels and controls have been reduced to the lowest common denominator, and its not a port? if the consoles come first in a design stage, is it still not a port?

19. animal007uk

Thanks Received:
    #

I do understand this but i got the impression the game engine was very flexible so if crytek wanted to they could make the controls and stuff more like the first crysis if they wish to.

I guess ill wait for the demo if it ever comes out now or maybe ill just wait till the final version is released.

20. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    they COULD, but they havent. they've made it limited to the console way of doing things... hell, theres even aim assist in the PC version.

21. animal007uk

Thanks Received:
    OK well that does suck, Auto aim is no good i never did like it as it takes away playability.
    Im just going to wait and see what happens, I never was a crysis fan so this game has to be better but only time will tell.

For now ill stick to BF2142 and farcry.

22. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    nice little article

http://fpstribe.com/featured/crysis-2-simplified-or-streamlined/

23. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    i still had fun playing what little of the game there was without graphics glitches and crashes...

its just that they've turned it into yet another multi platform generic shooter.

oh and the perks suck in MP... all have very little effect (without bullet penetration of cod4 or destructible environments like BC2 they all feel like they have no impact)

IMO the SP will still be fun, but the MP feels like a COD clone with shield and cloak added in.

24. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    it's hard not to chase Call of Duty's success. in 2009 World of Warcraft was making $1.3b a year. Call of Duty: Black Ops made $1b in a couple months.

25. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    Its maxed but you can also see that a huge number of textures are missing