1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Crysis 2 leaked almost 50 days early

Discussion in 'Games' started by Wrigleyvillain, Feb 11, 2011.

1. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    Yea and right sony is trying to remove that market as a whole but that's pirates faiult to I'm sure its cause they hacked the ps3
  2. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    So? What does this have to do with Crysis 2?

Your financial situation doesn't justify theft of a luxury item.
  3. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    Its all the same bs argument everyone is evil corporate media is right they need to keep adding more drm to games you know they need to just stop making pc games its not like xbox360 games are pirated more or anything. While they are at it they should stop all torrenting and limit our internet like china. I mean if we are going to punish pirates let's punish everyoone while we are at it.
  4. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    So much rage. Just buy the game when it come out instead of stealing it. Problem solved.
  5. ivicagmc

ivicagmc

Thanks Received:
    I was not talking about just games, but essential thing like OS. Theft in real world can not be the same as one in virtual world of bytes. And one rhetorical question... If you find a candy in a desert, when no one is around, that belongs to a rich sheik, and you are hungry, you would't take it????
  6. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    Another View on Game Piracy

Its especially annoying when you buy one game for $60 on the PC and you have to fork out another $60 to play that exact same game on PS3 and another to play the exact same game on 360.

They sure know how to rake in the dough.

Besides HL2 got leaked and you know what, they did really well. You know why? Cause they made a great game.

I'm poor, I walk into a store and can't afford a coke, I copy said coke and tell the manager that Coca Cola makes enough money, someone else can buy the original bottle of coke, I'ma just drink the copy.

I'd say thats the majority of pirates right there. There are only very few who can actually afford the game but refuse to buy it. Thus their sales are virtually unaffected, but it sucks they have managed to label sharing as stealing.
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2011
  7. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    He wouldnt eat it because he'd rather show it to TPU and troll everyone else who was hungry enough to eat the candy even though they have pre-ordered some of the same candy.
    ivicagmc says thanks.
  8. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    Have anything to back this up?
  9. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    Which exactly?

You can read the article I posted.

And Google the HL2 little fact.
  10. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    I am going to stop being rediculous this is stupid your posts are all the same pirates are evil and going to hell
  11. The Witcher New Member

Thanks Received:
    Please don't close this thread, I want to comment about Crysis 2 :(

Now, after reading many feedback about the leaked "alpha", it seems like the worst has happened.

It seems that for some reason, Crytek thought that copying Call Of Duty is going to make their game better, not to mention getting rid of their uniqueness that they had back in Crysis 1 and Crysis Wars which I still play until this day (900 hours of gameplay). After watching a few gameplay videos, I lost that unique feeling of playing Crysis, which to me seemed like one of a kind. In conclusion, I'm very sad for Crytek approach but nevertheless, I'm going to buy the game just to give them a chance and to "pwn" some TPU noobs:pimp:
  12. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    hows it run on your GTX460?
  13. ivicagmc

ivicagmc

Thanks Received:
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." (A. Einstein). This covers most of this tread... It is amazing what money, marketing or brainwashing could do to a man... All pirates are evil, because we say so, and we are good because we pay to government to monitor everything that you do on internet so there will be no more evil.
    cdawall says thanks.
  14. The Witcher New Member

Thanks Received:
    I actually deleted the torrent because I thought that if I played this unfinished version then I'll kill the hype and the anticipation factor.
  15. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    aww damn i was looking at getting one :laugh:
  16. The Witcher New Member

Thanks Received:
    The GTX 460 ? well, this is a good time for getting TWO not just one. I would say with my current setup, I would get around 34 to 43fps with one GTX460 (OC of course) but with an i7 CPU, things should be much better.

Hopefully, I'll keep these two cards until Maxwell or something better, I just need to upgrade my CPU, which I won't until they release a reasonably-priced 6-cores CPU.
  17. Maelstrom

Thanks Received:
    What? I don't believe anyone said outright that "pirates are evil". Being evil, and taking something that isn't yours are two very different things. Hitler was evil. Though ultimately, what is evil and what isn't is based upon what the majority of the population thinks is right and wrong (At least in democratic societies, though, even those aren't perfect). And guess what? Currently, the majority of the population thinks that pirating/stealing is both legally wrong and immoral, so therefore, they are both legally wrong and immoral. Don't like it? Try to get the majority of the population to agree with you, then it will no longer be wrong.

Also, I don't pay the government to monitor every action I take on the internet. They might be doing it, doesn't mean I agree with it. But this is an unrelated topic, I probably shouldn't have responded.
  18. TAViX Guest

The Postal dude should stop comparing apples with pistols, because is not the same thing. If I downloaded the leaked alpha preview from Internet it doesn't mean stealing, try to understand this for the love of God!! I cannot still something that cannot be stilled. Why can you not imagine it like a public demo or something!? Is clear enough that the game isn't finished yet, but at least one can decide for himself if it will be worth buy it or not. It's just like trying some clothes or stuff before buying it, isn't it?? (talking about pears to onions comparison here...) ;)
  19. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    mini ITX board only can handle one of them...may get a 470 though i have no idea what to do may get an i7 instead or a lynnfield xeon they are a bit cheaper

you do pay the government to monitor the internet its called taxes doesn't matter if you support it or not. most of the population may think pirating is wrong but those same people also still bootleg movies and songs. most of the world is also hypocritical. get over the riotous bandwagon; pirates will pirate and people like you whine about how it ruins the internet PC gaming and everything else. you know what it will accomplish nothing because they may kill torrents but something else will pop up just like when napster, kazaa, ares, warez, and limewire died and bittorrent, utorrent, and frostwire popped up. if there is a need it will come
  20. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    Oh, oh sorry. Didn't see the link, I just thought you posted Another view on piracy. Sorry.
  21. The Witcher New Member

Thanks Received:
    .....and the war continues....I smell the CLOSE hammer in any moment, can we go back to the MAIN MAIN topic now ?
  22. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    What don't you understand that this alpha version of the game is the intellectual property of the game company. Therefore when you download it without their permission you are stealing it. That is the law of the land. You can try to justify it all you want to make yourself feel better, but you're a theif in the eyes of the law. That being said, so what! You don't have to explain yourself, just take what you want as long as it doesn't go against your own moral code or make you feel bad. The only reason I don't like piracy is because it gives the companies a reason to raise prices regardless.
    dr emulator (madmax) says thanks.
  23. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    please stay on topic and refrain from personal attacks. we all have different opinions on things. try and stick to facts about this developing story.
  24. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    That isn't going to happen. Face it, Piracy is a hot and touchy subject.

Person A: It's wrong and immoral
    Person B: No it's not

This is why I closed the thread in the first place. That is why many threads like this before have been shut down. You can't control a mob on the internet.
  25. Maelstrom

Thanks Received:
    Nowhere did I whine about it ruining pc gaming, all I have said is that in our society that pirating is wrong so people shouldn't do it, and that if you think a company is "evil" don't buy their product. Please, don't infer things that I did not imply.

On topic:
    Any more news on how the game was leaked, who leaked it, etc?