1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Crysis 2 leaked almost 50 days early

Discussion in 'Games' started by Wrigleyvillain, Feb 11, 2011.

1. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    I bet Crytek leaked the game on purpose so that way they can have a reason to finally say "fuck you" to PC gamers and exit the PC market and focus strictly on console titles from here on out.
  2. Loosenut

Loosenut

Thanks Received:
    Crytek? Doubt it.

EA? Possibly
  3. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    EA is another company that ive seen shitty games out of. I just hope Battlefield 3 doesnt follow suit with all the bugs that BF2 and 2142 had.
  4. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    i believe about 2GB was the languages, as i've seen stripped/smaller downloads available just in english.

they may well compress it more than its current state, once its finished.
    Loosenut says thanks.
  5. Loosenut

Loosenut

Thanks Received:
    Thank you Mussels but I still don't get it. Even at only 7GB, that's huge for a game with small linear maps that is easier to run that the original Crysis 1.

To me, Crytek didn't raise the bar with this one, they just dropped it. My opinion.
  6. jellyrole

jellyrole

Thanks Received:
    Please don't form an opinion on something you haven't tried yet..:wtf:

The 360 demo was really fun to play and I can't wait to try it out on PC!
  7. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    even when our dollar was stronger than the US, our retail copies were in the $90-$120 Au range. upto $150+ for some collectors editions of various games.
    random says thanks.
  8. Loosenut

Loosenut

Thanks Received:
    Fair enough, I'll let you know at the end of march. :toast:
    jellyrole says thanks.
  9. alexsubri

alexsubri New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm running on Raid 0 1TB Barracuda HDD so I know it's fast because the maps are smaller not just because the beta
  10. alexsubri

alexsubri New Member

Thanks Received:
    Both the Bush administration and the Obama administration had rejected requests to make the text of ACTA public, with the White House saying that disclosure would cause "damage to the national security."In 2009, Knowledge Ecology International filed a FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) request in the United States, but their entire request was denied. The Office of the United States Trade Representative's Freedom of Information office stated the request was withheld for being material "properly classified in the interest of national security."US Senators Bernie Sanders (I-VT) and Sherrod Brown (D-OH) penned a letter on 23 November 2009, asking the United States Trade Representative to make the text of the ACTA public.

I don't think the leak of Crysis 2 is a threat to our National Security. :) Besides, this bill is still floating in Washington's loop holes, just like every other politions in Washington...Ron Paul 2012!
  11. Over_Lord

Over_Lord News Editor

Thanks Received:
    true, if crysis 2 bombs, if would be because of the boring gameplay and improper implementation of a potential nanosuit

same case as crysis. the graphics was okay man, but look beyond it please.
  12. jellyrole

jellyrole

Thanks Received:
    Your personal opinion is that the game play was boring..I found it extremely fun and the graphics just added to the experience.
  13. alexsubri

alexsubri New Member

Thanks Received:
    I can't agree more. This game meets all my expectations. I mean the graphics alone on Directx9 is f'in amazing. I can only imagine what DX 11 and DX10 will offer
  14. 1nf3rn0x

1nf3rn0x

Thanks Received:
    I haven't downloaded this, and hopefully i can restrain myself.

Looking at youtube videos, the visuals look nice and sharp. It seems to run good aswell! Even a 8800gt shouldn't have a problem maxing it at something like 1440x900/1680x1050.

And BTW, where is our MP DEMO like on the Xbox 360? The beta "could" be the leaked game. Nothing has said how it was released and or how it got leaked.
  15. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    it was fun because it had new stuff - the suit powers, and some interactive physics for throwing things around.

Crysis 2 hasnt improved those features... its reduced them. It might be great fun for people who never played the original, or for people moving from CoD/MoH to it... but to the fans of the original its a step back, not a step forward.
    streetfighter 2 says thanks.
  16. 1nf3rn0x

1nf3rn0x

Thanks Received:
    I spent countless hours downloading user made maps and playing around in the sandbox, very fun indeed!
  17. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    you watch too many movies. if Crytek wanted to leave nothing is stopping them. Epic Games got up and left.
  18. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    How can you extrapolate from my comment that I watch too many movies? And granted yeah nothing is technically stopping them, except that maybe they want to exit the PC market in the douchiest way possible for PC gamers.
  19. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    because all these conspiracies make me laugh. loosen up.
  20. Mr McC

Mr McC

Thanks Received:
    A title set to make millions of dollars gets leaked ahead of release and you find conspiracy theories laughable? I don't know, but if it was me, I would have locked the door when I left the office...
  21. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    goodbye cruel world! <climbs up on her desk, ties a noose to the ceiling fan only to break it>
  22. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    as has been said dozens of times... this happens with heaps of major game releases. never hurt their sales at all.

In fact, it makes next to no difference... all that matters is if the game sucks or not
    Mr McC and random say thanks.
  23. random

random

Thanks Received:
    Why not? It was only leaked for the PC version after all, IMO the same number of people will pirate the game whether it's ahead of time or on it's official release and the same number of people will buy the legit game on the PC so I wouldn't really imagine that it's that big of a deal for Crytek at all.

EDIT: What mussels said.
    Mr McC says thanks.
  24. Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Thanks Received:
    Leaked eh? myeah whatever. Ima still gonna buy this :D
  25. Mr McC

Mr McC

Thanks Received:
    Couldn't agree more.

No, I don't imagine it being that big a deal either, in fact, I am arguing that they deliberately and actively released this beta. However, that will not prevent them from stating the case for increasingly stringent DRM or bemoaning the rampant piracy in the pc game industry, but we can keep things in perspective so long as we bear in mind that, even where we accept that the leak represents the failure of the appropriate security measures, the paying customer should not in any way be expected to front the bill, either via more money or unwarranted inconvenience. Nor should the leaked beta ever be employed to justify the release of a second-rate title.
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
    random says thanks.