1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Crysis 2 leaked almost 50 days early

Discussion in 'Games' started by Wrigleyvillain, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    When you make a AAA game there are a lot of other people/companies involved.
    Don't assume this was leaked from Crytek.

2. HammerON

HammerON The Watchful Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Totally agree!!!
    If you are downloading it you are stealing it:mad:
    You can try to justify it however you want, but in the end it is wrong and ends up hurting those that wait and buy legitimate games when they are released.

Solaris17 says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  3. TAViX Guest

But still, big companies like EA should have better security. But don't worry. the game is just an alpha stage, not even beta, tons are missing, you cannot select advanced graphics, missing sounds, scipts, banners, etc. Gamers will buy it anyways. Even if the game has written all over it console port.

4. [H]@RD5TUFF

Thanks Received:
    That doesn't make what happened okay, I like Crysis and even Crysis warhead, I have 0 hopes of this game being good, but I will likely buy it anyway.

All the same something that has been said before is, just because someone pirated the game doesn't mean it is a lost sale, most pirates weren't likely to purchase the game anyway, and if the game is good enough and has replay value they may well buy it, all the same it doesn't make the pirating okay, and only hurt legitimate gamers.

5. Crap Daddy

Crap Daddy

Thanks Received:
    Ok, so here's my take on this. There is no real threat to Crytek as long as a better version will be leaked. From what I've gathered from the mighty internet this version is full of bugs and is an early stage. DX9 only so that might make me think this is what consoles will get. Now I think, for those who really love gaming and Crysis in particular to get now this version would be more than stupid beyond the fact that's illegal. You ruin the pleasure of playing the real deal with all things enabled (yes, also DX11), you miss the point totally, the suprise, the excitement, the wait for a great body of work and hopefully an excelent story. I don't feel sad for Crytek, they will survive and should have expected something like this. The problem is in the mind of some people who pretend they are gamers but in fact go for cheap, low quality, buggy steals that they will tweak somehow and say "I played the game long before you do. And also I got it free. I'm a pro" The good thing about this leak is that we got a glipmse of what we might expect. And from what I see so far so good. What worries me is that, if this is the stage of development right now, we might get another delay or worse a delay like with assassin's creed where the PC version comes out months after the goddam consoles.

6. The Witcher New Member

Thanks Received:
    Actually I think it's gonna be a good game (the MP) even though it was "CODlized" in many aspects but still, I like the fact that they added many things from their own sleeves, as long as Power-straggle mode is in, then I'm in too :)

7. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    It's not the full version that leaked but an early beta....

8. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    it's only a beta.......

Funny how many people have looked for the torrent because of this thread lol... sad that even at TPU we got a good amount of piracy (invest all game money and PC and none left for games lol)

I'll buy Crysis 2 only if the graphics are better than Crysis 1 aand it looks stunning. Then I'll drool over my keyboard and show off to my friends. else fuck it , I'll buy it once it hits 10$ lol

9. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    Anyone who pulls this leaked version from torrents has no room to bitch if they add draconian DRM.

10. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    which will be cracked and the pirates will enjoy the game more then the regular consumer.. no reason to start that argument in this thread

11. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    Maybe they'll find a way to DRM without Fucking with the customers

12. The Witcher New Member

Thanks Received:
    OK, I'm going to be clean for the next 2 months and resist all temptation, I never said that it was alright to pirate games but I really wanted to try it. I'm going to wait for the final release now. Crytek, you got lucky this time :slap:

13. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    Wow 22 members and 57 guests. If only people cared this much when people needed help with PC issues :p

AlienIsGOD says thanks.
  14. The Witcher New Member

Thanks Received:
    What would have happened if the leaked game was BF3 :shadedshu

15. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    Thread would crash :p

16. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    Not meant to start an argument. Just to point out the hypocrisy.

There are ways to do that already. Hopefully they will take note.

17. burtram

burtram

Thanks Received:
    I will still buy the game, not for the graphics, but for the fun of the sandbox style of play with the nanosuit (and the multiplayer/modding). I really enjoyed the other games, though, i really hope they don't screw the PC version because of this, as you won't likely be able to mod the game/make new maps for the consoles.

18. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    I bet Crytek/ EA intentionally leaked the beta.. Come on it makes PERFECT SENSE!

Think of all the benefits they have! Its only good on both sides :)

They can blame PC people for their sales (even though its the beta) and we can play the Beta cause we have PC's and we are cooL!

60 Guests 25 members

19. The Witcher New Member

Thanks Received:
    I was thinking about the same thing exactly, but then I thought "all this just to get an excuse", seems unlikely since most companies these days don't care about what the consumer thinks so it doesn't really matter, they can do whatever they wanna do.

20. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    Heck maybe this is how they are beta testing lol. Wouldn't be surprised if there is an error report menu lol.

70 Guests

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2011
    jellyrole says thanks.
  21. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    Kindly keep your rage levels under control and watch the language.
    If it gets out of hand, there will be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
    Thank you.

22. jellyrole

jellyrole

Thanks Received:
    Yes, someone did..no names because were all friends here..people hating on a game I've been following closely and waiting for + been awake since yesterday around noon is what caused that.

EDIT: Accidentally deleted my post..were all good Kreij

Kreij says thanks.
  23. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    i saw that it was just a beta no longer care to DL it...will just buy it on release

24. TAViX Guest

Actually the game is not even beta, I think is an early alpha.

I delete it already. No point on playing DX9 only, has tons of bugs, crashes, scripts errors and blocking during some important messages and stuff. Not to mention sound that is crap, only stereo, not even sorround, sounds missing, etc.......Cannot wait for the real deal next month!

25. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    ROFL at people trying to pirate and are disappointed it is only "early beta" or alpha stage lol