1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Crysis 2 leaked almost 50 days early

Discussion in 'Games' started by Wrigleyvillain, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    the government cant see what you've downloaded. especially with torrents - unless they connect to you as a peer or seed and record your IP and the time of transfer (which means you have to be downloading or seeding the files at the same time as them, on the same torrent) they cant track you.

and if they DID do that, its illegal in many countries anyway - which is why you dont see undercover cops selling heroin on the streets. I think its called entrapment.

2. DonInKansas

DonInKansas

Thanks Received:
  3. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    maybe the game has an FPS cap? lots of console ports do these days

4. Over_Lord

Over_Lord News Editor

Thanks Received:
    i think a pissed out PC gamer did this

5. alexsubri

alexsubri

Thanks Received:
    This isn't the final release. It still has to be better optimized, some cut scenes are not in it, still buggy as hell, etc

6. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    I just took that screen from another forum. I didn't download the " leaked demo". I sure hope I pull more than 30fps in DX9 :ohwell:

Its not a console port its a "port to consoles"* with gameplay tweaked to give consoles a reason to also play Crysis. CryEngine is primarily a PC engine that brings many PC features to the consoles. Like Prometheus taking our PC leet sauce for the filthy consoles peasants. This isnt Moderport Warfail.

source

Last edited: Feb 12, 2011
    Solaris17 says thanks.
  7. ctrain New Member

Thanks Received:
    it seems capped at 63 fps in game. don't know if there is a console command to change it.

edit: also i doubt this will influence sales in a negative way in reality, despite crytek bitching about UGHGH PC PIRACY IS RUINING EVERYTHING. i wouldn't be surprised if it builds hype / sales actually. i look forward to the fully completed game leaking for consoles 2 weeks early just like halo, gears of war, etc etc.

8. alexsubri

alexsubri

Thanks Received:
    In the torrent, there are only 1,105 peers in the swarm and 126 seeds...I would be careful if anybody downloads this...EA already knows about what's going on.

edit: several websites are saying it is only limited to DX 9 and crashes alot

Last edited: Feb 12, 2011
  9. streetfighter 2

streetfighter 2 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Aight, yall ready for my conspiracy theory? Mine are the best, I promise. :D

After watching all these videos and reading posts on a couple [distant asteroid] forums I've concluded that Crysis 2 is not the Crysis that we know and love. In fact, I would argue that Crysis 2 is nothing more than a clone of MW2 (with regard to both MP and SP). This may be enough to attract the die hard MW2 fans to the game, but it's certainly not enough for the die hard Crysis/FarCry fans (myself included).

So what then? I propose thusly, that whomever leaked the almost inoperable beta, Crysis 2, did so to manufacture a scapegoat. When Crysis 2 finally hits the shelves for PCs it will be a rather lackluster event, attended primarily by the people who bought into the hype. EA will, no doubt, already "know" the cause: piracy, at least publicly. From what I've seen and heard, the true story is much darker: the game sucks.

This presentation was made by streetfighter 2, any claims made herein and hitherto do not represent the opinions of any of the staff of TPU.:D

marsey99 says thanks.
  10. alexsubri

alexsubri

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]
    oooohh

streetfighter 2 says thanks.
  11. wolf

wolf Performance Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I have to say this was unespectedly early! I plan to buy it no matter what so no lost sales here.

I want a GPU performance review though, can a 580 pound it?... heres hoping I can high/max it on an OC 460.

12. Over_Lord

Over_Lord News Editor

Thanks Received:
    you sir... :respect:

optimization my foot.

in an interview crytek said Crysis 2 will look at least as good as Crysis, but never mentioned the specs or resolution or settings, anything.

If this is unoptimized shit, I wont feel guilty being a pirate(but not of the beta lol)

13. meran

Thanks Received:
    well i play mostly hacked games because i cant afford to buy 60$ game though i bought bad company 2 for 60$ i like online multi player and i played bad company 2 pirated but it was nothing like online so just like black ops here in iraq i can get it for 2$ but play only single player i have to buy it for 60$ to play multi player ,, if games companies make the games prices according to countries economy the will destroy piracy and get big profits

14. Yukikaze

Yukikaze

Thanks Received:
    Right. Because I can leak out incredibly juicy details about some next-gen HW (including being able to take it home, benchmark stuff to my heart's content and post it online), I just should go and do it because my employer isn't doing anything active to stop me from doing so? This is exactly what you are advocating. I seriously hope that they catch the source of that leak and sue him off the face of the earth.
    :shadedshu

Solaris17 says thanks.
  15. The Witcher New Member

Thanks Received:
    ye ye ye ye yeeeee ho ho ho ho hoooo :roll:

16. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Seeing the any word of optimization and the Cryengine makes me laugh. Ultra mode on Crysis still drops comps to their knees.

17. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    If the game will be as good as first 2 Crysis games i'll be buying it. Despite criticism, i really enjoyed them.

Solaris17 says thanks.
  18. The Witcher New Member

Thanks Received:
    This thread is becoming a moral-ethics-battlefield, interesting.....still, I'm pretty sure that most of us that downloaded or wanted to download this alpha were going to buy the game in the end.

Now, if it was the final build, I still think that most of us would have bought it either because of guilt, MP or whatever other reason. Unless the guy budget doesn't allow him to buy the game.

That's why piracy is concentrated in countries with bad economy.

I DIDN"T SAY THAT IT'S RIGHT OR WRONG SO DON"T KILL ME NOW.

19. pr0n Inspector

pr0n Inspector

Thanks Received:
    Companies specialized in anti-p2p measures do it all the time. They send you fake pieces, which causes them to get auto-banned by clients quickly. But if you uploaded pieces to them, it will be recorded. After that they send a letter to your ISP, which may or may not take action depending on local laws, company policies and previous records of your account.

20. The Witcher New Member

Thanks Received:
    Your countries ISPs (Westren World) do that ?!

Seems to me like a very long and hard job to catch every single torrent downloader in the whole country....very harsh penalties I take it ?

21. pr0n Inspector

pr0n Inspector

Thanks Received:
    No, they are hired by big entertainment companies.

22. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    TBH, you can't afford it? don't buy it, but don't pirate it! until recently, I bought 1 game per year, and that was NHL. I'd borrow Fifa for a week some years from friends and family, but that is it. I'd buy NHL on special all the time, 30~40$ MAXMAXMAX (it's a 70$ game here). I played alot of demos and free games like america's army 2. Games aren't a necessity, and comfort items shouldn't be available to all either.

I bought Battlefield Bad Company 2 for 6.79$ on Steam, and King Arthur for 2.99$, as well as King Arthur Saxons + all DLCs for 1.49$. Finaly, I bought Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam + Miror's edge + simcity 4 for ~12$. I paid ~23$ for all these games on PC. I also got NHL 11 for 17$. So for 2010-2011 I bought ~40$ of games.... IF there were no specils, I wouldn't have bought them.

The Witcher says thanks.
  23. The Witcher New Member

Thanks Received:
    I agree with you that Steam is a very good source for people who can't afford to pay the staggering full price.

I still remember buying tons of games for $150 which were worth probably $2000 or more.

24. meran

Thanks Received:
    you are right man :),but here until recently we dont have visa cards or paypal so its little hard to buy online +the internet service here suck man we pay 40$ for internet monthly to get what 40KB/sec in night and ping at its best 200ms why would we buy originals in first place??:mad:

25. random

random

Thanks Received:
    That is just not right, it is a good thing after all that they decided to move to multi-platform.

Soon they will be releasing games just for the consoles because of dumb shit like this happening, this kind of news affects PC gamers as a whole and if given a chance I bet anyone in this thread would give the douche who leaked the game a great big smack on the face.