1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Crysis 2 New Multi-Player Footage

Discussion in 'Games' started by 1nf3rn0x, Aug 28, 2010.

1. 1nf3rn0x

1nf3rn0x

Thanks Received:
  2. streetfighter 2

streetfighter 2 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Between this game and Brink (and maybe the rabies) I'm pretty much foaming at the mouth 24/7. The worst part is I have absolutely no intention of buying these games new because it violates my personal agenda.

I love games that give you the ability to create dynamic flanking routes, which is why I don't care much for CS, and it appears to me that both these games will deliver in spades.

3. overclocking101

overclocking101

Thanks Received:
    to bad it dont have a fps meter and it dont say what it was ran on for a system. but it does look badass, though sucks its not till next year

4. random

random

Thanks Received:
    The sequel is starting to make the first Crysis look like a demo. :laugh:

5. shevanel

shevanel New Member

Thanks Received:
    This game will not be for pc, right?

6. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    It looks nice, but for some reason it just doesnt look.. fun

7. shevanel

shevanel New Member

Thanks Received:
    It doesn't look that nice It looks like huge low detailed textures, huge models and a sense of the environment seeming very spacious.

I think the motion of the "cam" has the added realism "effect" but it's the same effect that made me feel nausea if I played Crysis at the "$200gtx275gpu" framerate setting.

The video looked really fun, really cool but I really can't agree if someone says these graphics are amazing.. they look console-ish and if this video happens to be from the console version then I'll come back and say they look amazing.

8. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    pretty sure that was the xbox 360 version, i saw somewhere on the screen it was saying press the yellow Y button.

But it jus looks like a gimicky modern warfare.. which is gimicky enough

9. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    Thats xbox 360 and it seem like a COD Fear HALO and Crysis MP mix.

10. shevanel

shevanel New Member

Thanks Received:
    Pass. I'm not falling for their trick again... I wasted tons on GPU and CPU upgrades to play the 1st(only to realize it was more fun to get it to run good than it was fun to play).. It won't happen again.

LOL.

digibucc says thanks.
  11. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    Well you should have no problem running 2 if you could run 1. Don't quote me on that but I think it should be more optimized.

12. GENTLEMEN New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well, they'd better get the optimization right this time. Though 1 was good for me (gameplay and graphics, though not maxed), if they made it that you don't have to do a full system overhaul just to play max/near max smoothly THAT would be something.

13. random

random

Thanks Received:
    It really doesn't seem that demanding, for one the game is based in the urban cities of NYC instead of jungles. That alone would lead to a more linear design meaning more FPS and room for better looking textures, but I wouldn't expect it to be as linear as games like COD as its just not the crytek way :rolleyes:

14. GENTLEMEN New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well, if they can make FULLY DESTRUCTIBLE environments (including buildings, roads, and maybe when modded, being able to fully DESTROY a tall building) and maybe add bullet drop (something like S:GW) then I for one wouldn't mind it being more system-demanding.

15. shevanel

shevanel New Member

Thanks Received:
    That's a good point.. less power used on creating all that useless shrubbery.

16. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    Thermal imaging is stupid. Whole point of thermal imaging is to "see through walls". But as seen on video, thermal signature doesn't go through wooden windows and doors. Lame. Only thing that's good for is separating players from environment. But then again they could use a visual tracker of some sort. But thermal looks so cool. And wrong...

17. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    we use thermal to look over large open areas in the military... jus sayin

streetfighter 2 says thanks.
  18. Dazzeerr

Dazzeerr New Member

Thanks Received:
    Looks pretty good and I'm guessing because it's being made for consoles too it will be less of a struggle to run?

19. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    I'll let everyone else buy this first before I even consider it. I'm predicting this game to actually be very disapointing. Crysis2 could very well be a massively uninspiring waste just like other REAL PC games turned to console shit.

Black Haru, shevanel and digibucc say thanks.
  20. fenurch

fenurch

Thanks Received:
    Well, tbh Crysis well never get into the competative MP FPS market (e.g. TF2, CS, CoD etc), but then again, I doubt that it even wants that position. However, if it does then it fails miserably as this appears to be one of those games where everyone's hyped and loving it for a month but end up ditching it. + I hate Thermal Imaging/Cloak (or anything similar that gives you unfair advantage) as it complicated and fucks up the gameplay imo. Then again, that's my opinion.

21. GENTLEMEN New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thermal Imaging + Cloak would be good, for short periods of time. Maybe like what they did in the first Crysis (battery), maybe using 2 "powers" at the same time (cloak + speed anyone?) would drain the power source VERY quickly.

22. largon

Thanks Received:
    Ho-hum.
    Vehicle combat was the fun part in previous Crysis'. Based on the vid Crysis 2 MP looks just boring CS'ish cr@p. They even added a knife...

Solaris17 says thanks.
  23. Black Haru

Black Haru

Thanks Received:
    hoping this isn't all they have. was outright bored by the gameplay. and not impressed with graphics either.

24. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    for some reason to me, . . . . . . that level in particular vs the first crysis, I say the first one looked better, but if it plays better(that shouldn't be hard) power too em.

25. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    Agreed. im pretty dissapointed. i wanted zomfg cool graphics even if the story was short like that of the orig crysis. I still play it i thought it was fun and its a good game. The thing i really loved about the original was the fact that it could STRESS hardware to the point were 80% of the community got butt hurt. I was expecting the same push. but instead were going to be getting some gay console port so it sells better because the counter strike and halo tools will buy this shit up.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2010