1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Crysis 3 Alpha Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by 3870x2, Nov 2, 2012.

1. 3870x2

3870x2

Thanks Received:
    I put in about 20 minutes into this game, and it looked fantastic of course, and even taxed my 7950 (without the 41% overclock.) I can say that the gains don't seem to make up for how much more power it needs than Crysis 2.

The action of the game was confusing at best, but I have never played Crysis multiplayer. It looks like it has promise, with unlocks and vehicles of different sorts. The nanosuit adds a great variety of gameplay, as is to be expected, though with everyone wearing one it is nowhere near unique.

The map that I was playing on was controlling various crash sites. The level design (heavily forested) was actually very unique, which is a good thing. I will say that if you are trying to play this on mid-range hardware you might have to lower your settings quite a bit for any sort of competitive gameplay.

Unfortunately there is no single player on this Alpha release, but I plan on putting a few hours in it this weekend. I love battlefield, but COD has become quite a stale alternative for me, where Crysis might be able to make up.

Thoughts anyone?

2. PLSG08

PLSG08

Thanks Received:
    Was there any significant changes to how the game looks? (Compared to Crysis 2) I heard that C3 was suppose to "Melt your PC". I thought that they added more eye candy and level of realism to the graphics.

Sadly I cannot be part of the Alpha multiplayer since my FX5500 can't run it :C

3. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    I should be on it here soon I will post screen shots 5040x1050 with my GTX470's.

4. 3870x2

3870x2

Thanks Received:
    I did have issues actually checking out the environment because of multiplayer and getting shot all to hell while trying to view the environment, but it did look absolutely fantastic.

I am not speaking for any of the high-res mods that have come out for Crysis 2 though.

I was probably getting 40-50 FPS on 16x/8x (could have been 4x AA, I didnt check to see which was used).

If not for MLG this weekend, I would run some benchmarks. I might still fit one or two in, if I can find an empty server or something. There is voice chat, and the mics are ALWAYS ON which is default. This is a huge problem because all you hear is other peoples games and other ambient noise.

I never use anything but PTT on all of my games, and this is why I am not a big fan of Skype. Did I mention I have 2 little kids?

5. dude12564 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Don't we have a NDA?

6. 3870x2

3870x2

Thanks Received:
    http://www.mycrysis.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=58

The Crysis site has discussions. This is more marketing than testing.

There was a license agreement, but nothing specifically NDA unless it too was part of the license agreement. I could have missed it of course.

7. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    I will read mine and check about to boot it now.

8. Mindweaver

Mindweaver Moderato®™ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Heads up guys... NDA is still in affect! I copied this from there forum rules about alpha.

Code:
    Hey all,

If you've received your key via newsletter/email, there will be a link to a private Closed Alpha forum where you can discuss the Closed Alpha.
    [B]
    Please note that this is a *Closed* Alpha, and as such, sharing of information/media is not allowed.[/B]

Any threads posted about the Closed Alpha in main Crysis 3 Discussion forum will be deleted.

Thanks for your help and we're looking forward to playing! :)

Adam.

cdawall says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  9. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    Holy crap 5040X1050 all I can pull off is medium with 2xGTX470's@SC. I can't wait for sneeky to shoot me those waterblocks and I can get them clocked up. Going to flip up GPUz to make sure sli is actually working.

Edit:

SLi is for sure working

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
    3870x2 says thanks.
  10. Crap Daddy

Crap Daddy

Thanks Received:
    It melts our PCs. Maxed out (very high) I have 15 FPS (about the same as Nvidia's New Dawn demo) On high it's around 45-50. It's DX11 allright.

11. PLSG08

PLSG08

Thanks Received:
    Wow I thought It was just a different game on the same engine (technically it is). Now I wish I could get my PC....

Since it's multiplayer and all, was the gameplay good? (for an FPS game)

12. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    It is cryengine 3 but Crytek has added to it since Crysis 2 released. It's got more to it now. There videos of all it's features on YouTube.

13. 3870x2

3870x2

Thanks Received:
    To tell you the truth, Battlefield has already won my heart for a multiplayer FPS, anything else is obsolete.

That being said, the nanosuit and other aspects of this game give me a fresh reason to delve into another FPS at the same time as battlefield 3.

14. Aksh_47 New Member

Thanks Received:
    It really does Melt our PCs.. my 560 which runs all games maxed out, gets about 25 FPS, on high settings i guess, But i guess this is still the alpha, so it may be that it isn't yet optimized properly?

15. manofthem

manofthem WCG-TPU Team All-Star!

Thanks Received:
    I'm going to try it out this weekend on my 7970s, hopefully crossfire works well with this. Back in the BF3 alpha cfx sucked. I played the Crysis 2 alpha and it was fun, much better than CoD but slightly lacking compared to what bf3 has.

Crunching for Team TPU
  16. Aksh_47 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Update : restarted origin, started crysis 3, chose some different server, and the game is now surprisingly running on very high settings with 45+ FPS :)

17. Sasqui

Sasqui

Thanks Received:
    Server lag?

I'm going to jump in this weekend with what looks like the lowest range system so far. ;)

18. W1zzard

W1zzard Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    uninstalled after 3 minutes, maybe i'm getting too old for shooters

19. LDNL

LDNL

Thanks Received:
    Why am I running at 15-20fps on Ultra? Are they tessalating ten thousand oceons under the map again? Jokes aside the multiplayer map is quite small and shooting feels abit awkward

20. Darkleoco

Darkleoco

Thanks Received:
    My 660m even overclocked can't do anything with Crysis 3 multiplayer maxed out where at least on Crysis 2 it was still playable. The game looks great though and that's what matters.

21. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    i dont like the word optimized. in alpha probably but if they are still optimizing it a few weeks before release ill cry because that usually means "water it down for the deadline"

22. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    Its cryengine 3. They are pushing it way farther now. They meant it when they said it will melt out PCs. Crysis 3 is going back to the "can it play Crysis" mentality.

3870x2 says thanks.
  23. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    Someone post screenys.. whats the worse that happens u get banned from the week long alpha? Which is a joke of a test

Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  24. 3870x2

3870x2

Thanks Received:
    That is the Crysis 'hook'. I like it, but I think they need to go further with it. Back in the day you were lucky to be able to run Crysis at all. I would like to see this with Crysis 3 also. It was legendary in a way.

I will tonight. If they want to ban me from alpha for promoting their game, they have good reason, and I will not fault them for it.

25. manofthem

manofthem WCG-TPU Team All-Star!

Thanks Received:
    I will take some shots later. Maybe tonight i'll put the WCG challenge on hold for an hour and get into the alpha. It sounds like it's going to be a beautiful game :)

Crunching for Team TPU