1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Crysis 3 single player interactive demo

Discussion in 'Games' started by Crap Daddy, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Crap Daddy

Crap Daddy

Thanks Received:
    cadaveca, Law-II, Kwod and 5 others say thanks.
  2. manofthem

manofthem

Thanks Received:
    Haven't watched it yet but I'm stoked that Pyscho is in it! I hope this is better than C2.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  3. mafia97

mafia97

Thanks Received:
    it is same crysis 2
    everything same
    so dissapointed in EA,thought this would be like crysis 1
    but nooo,you have to give us same piece of crap everytime
    how EA makes games :
    crytek to EA : we made crosbow in cryengine,should we release it as a DLC for crysis 2
    EA : make it a new game...*evil smile*
    only new thing i saw was crosbow
    would buy it when it is 10$ or below , sooo dissapointed :(
  4. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Constantly hit by bullets.. Doesn't die.

This game should make a lot of people feel good about themselves.
    qubit says thanks.
  5. m1dg3t

m1dg3t

Thanks Received:
    I skipped #2, maybe I'll skip this one too
  6. Crap Daddy

Crap Daddy

Thanks Received:
    You see, he has maximum armor. But if you choose stealth mode in the "interactive" video he will not be hit so many times. Oh, and he already died in Crysis 2 (It seems that this character is Prophet) so he surely can't die again?!
  7. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Got bored reall fast of that video. They could of done a PC version of the video although i am not a Crysis fan. Love the engine but hate what they use it for.
  8. Maelstrom

Thanks Received:
    I probably won't get the game, but I like the fact that you can use that crossbow while cloaked. I'd have a lot of fun with that.
  9. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    LOL, jokes on me. I saw this vid on another forum and didn't realize it was an "interactive" demo where the viewer could choose play styles. I thought they'd made the game so you had to choose stealth or armor before each mission. Thanks for labeling it the way it should be Crap Daddy, that's the main reason I realized it right off the bat this time.

The stealth options this time around vaguely remind me of my Deus Ex, Half Life, and Batman experiences, what with all those vent hatches. Thankfully there's no multi-tools, crowbars or grapnels to make it confusing. If Prophet starts gliding around in a cape though, I'm going to want an explanation. LOL

And as CD said, maximum armor, but maximum confusion about Prophet's resurrection. Surely this can't take place before the events of Crysis 2, since everything is grown over as if well after. Maybe one of Gould's cronies secretly slipped him some uber reparation nanobots. Maybe even something found in Hargreave's pad after Alcatraz raided it.
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
  10. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    At the end of crysis 2 the nanosuit rewrites prophets memories and DNA over alcatraz's (prophet gave his nanosuit to alcatraz) if I remember right, so alcatraz calls himself prophet because he has prophets memories and DNA or something?(haven't played that game since I beat it, don't remember too well)

so this should still be alcatraz with some of prophets DNA not prophet then right?

still seeing that they want you to choose between stealth and armor kinda dissapoints me.
  11. Vulpesveritas

Vulpesveritas

Thanks Received:
    The way I took the ending is it is now both Alcatraz + Prophet in the suit at the same time, the suit has grown it's way into most of Alcatraz's body, and because everyone was calling him Prophet anyhow, he's using Prophet's voice and such. Also, given Prophet is the more experienced of the two of the minds in that suit (given that the nanosuit 2.0 copies the personalities and memories, possibly the entire mind of those that wear it), it would make sense that he would be the one in control of combat most of the time. The rewriting was on the alien virus thing if I remember correctly.
  12. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    LOL, you're making the same mistake I just described above, except in this case there's no excuse, because the thread author clearly explains it's an "interactive" demo. Meaning it's not the way the game is designed, it's to allow those viewing the demo to mouse click on either of those boxes in the YouTube viewer to see how it looks with each type of gameplay.
  13. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    I'll probably buy it. When it gets cheaper and when it receives at least 3 patches...
    Kwod says thanks.
  14. lyndonguitar

lyndonguitar I play games

Thanks Received:
    Damn, They totally messed up Crysis.

At the end of Crysis 1, I was very excited for a sequel because I wanna know what happened to Nomad and others returning to the island. Damn Consoles ruined it. (and EA).

Crysis and Crysis Warhead > Crysis 2 and 3
  15. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Is it just me or is Pyscho's voice different?
  16. TheOne

Thanks Received:
    It does sound different, Sean Chapman voiced Pyscho in Crysis and Crysis Warhead.
  17. Desert Eagle

Desert Eagle New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well said. Lately I only buy games from Steam but I wait for a sale like this last Summer Sale and it gives the developer time to patch the game too.
    I like all of the Crytek games. I can't fathom why some don't. If it's because the games are getting easier then that's a bonus for me. My reflexes were never that great to begin with and it's gotten worse as I've grown older.
    Crysis is fun. Don't be too critical. :)
  18. TheOne

Thanks Received:
    Provided Crysis 3 ever comes to Steam, and EA came out against Steam sales this summer at E3, and one of their key points against it was that people will wait to buy a game on sale from Steam instead of buying it when it releases.
  19. Bow

Bow

Thanks Received:
    Blows
    Crunching for Team TPU
  20. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    Well, frankly, Crytek ruined it themself. I've bought both originals, Crysis and Warhead. And they were great from day 1. We also got what they advertised. A jaw dropping DX10 experience. With Crysis 2 we got a buggy poor looking DX9 port from consoles. They could just waited 2 months and deliver the game with high res textures and all DX11 effects. But no, they had to rush it, we finished the game and then they released the goodies. Playing it the second time just isn't the same anymore. So i hope they learned their lesson with Crysis 3.
    If it won't be DX11 and with high res textures out of the box i'll do it like i said. A waiting game.
    But if they'll release it properly, i might reconsider and buy it right away. We'll see...
  21. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received:
    EA are a joke, people waited because they didn't release the product they promised.

That, and people who did buy it for full price were dissapointed.

Did they expect people to ignore that and just lay down the dollar anyway?
  22. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, i've even preordered Crysis 2 and then they screwed me up big time with a half finished DX9 port...
  23. gopal

gopal

Thanks Received:
    Patna, Bihar, India, Asia, Earth, Terron System, M
    What are the System Requirments?
  24. Desert Eagle

Desert Eagle New Member

Thanks Received:
    Crytek was wowed by the EA suits when they came a'calling with promises of riches just like so many other developers that EA has turned to shit or are presently working hard to do so for a few more $.
    The problem we PC gamers have to live with is that most (not all) of the Tripple A developers make their paycheck from consoles. If you can, and you are objective enough then examine the issue of PC piracy of games.
    Results...always online connected DRM in single player mode. Results...most developers are moving to always online. It was fun and exciting to slap the publishers in the face with bold comments like "I will just torrent your game". Now the proverbial chickens have come home to roost.
  25. LDNL

LDNL

Thanks Received:
    ps3, xbox360?