1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Crysis 3 will melt PCs?

Discussion in 'Games' started by john.sa, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. john.sa New Member

Thanks Received:
    I was just reading an article at Tomeshardware saying that Crysis 3 will be demanding.

I dont understand the obsession of Crytek for making their games demanding. many people dont like this.

I just upgraded from a GTX 460 1GB to an overclocked GTX 670 2GB.

should i worry about maxing out Crysis 3? :(

My GTX 670 is faster than a GTX 680 right now (at least a stock GTX 680).

I payed more than $600 for my GTX 670 2GB and should have it for a couple of years.
  2. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    the only thing you need to worry about is late patches being a console port it will probably run like shit.
    Law-II and xxdozer322 say thanks.
  3. silkstone

silkstone

Thanks Received:
    If it is optimized for PCs, it shouldn't matter if it is demanding on the highest settings, quality should scale with performance.

But, as like solaris says, it is a poorly optimized pos, it won;t be worth buying.
  4. john.sa New Member

Thanks Received:
    You mean just as bad as Metro 2033? :/

I hope that it wont end up being as bad as Metro 2033 in terms of performance.
  5. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    I remember crysis working well on systems at lower settings than the max. I'd rather have a game have better graphics and demand more, but has the option to lower the graphics and still look great for PCs who can't handle the maximum
  6. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    and i remember Metro 2033 running just fine if you turn off DoF lol

as for Crysis 3 not impressed. just another console port with tacked on DX11
  7. INSTG8R

INSTG8R

Thanks Received:
    This and THAT. Couldn't have said it better myself. :)
  8. silkstone

silkstone

Thanks Received:
    The implementation of DX11 on Crysis 2 was truly shocking. I have no idea how they thought they'd get away with launching it like that.
    I have lost all respect for the studio and will not be buying any more of their games unless they actually start to give a shit about the PC market.
  9. john.sa New Member

Thanks Received:
    But a GTX 670 being so expensive, it should handle every games on MAXED out settings regardless.

im trying to overclock my GTX 670 to its absolute limit.

if any of you has experience overclocking a MSI GTX 670 OC edition, please advise me :).
  10. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Use your other thread, don't derail this one.
  11. john.sa New Member

Thanks Received:
    silkstone: im sure their next Crysis 3 game will be even more shocking. God will have mercy on our souls.

i dont like demanding games, but this is getting ridiculous.....

i havent seen any company taking pride of making their games demanding like Crytek.

this is not normal.
  12. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    most PC gamers will disagree with you if they didnt want better graphics and pushing the envelope they would use consoles and stay their lol if you dont want demanding games buy a PS3 or 360 PC gaming is smaller for a reason its expensive, but then again if you pay for the experience you get a better one.
    AlienIsGOD says thanks.
  13. james888

james888

Thanks Received:
    I love having demanding games as long as they have something to show for it. They can not be inefficient. They must actually do something with all that extra grunt to make it worth it. That way I feel like I am getting my moneys worth out of my computer.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  14. KingPing

KingPing

Thanks Received:
    Crysis 1 was demanding, i couldn´t play it maxed out with my old 8800GTS, but i looked really good then, now my current PC can run it maxed out and it still look gorgeous like if it was released yesterday. Crysis 2 on the other hand runs pretty much maxed out in my current PC, and although it looks great in certain levels, it don´t have that wow! effect crysis 1 had, and still has IMO.
    I rather play a game that push the envelope, and make my PC sweat, and if i have to upgrade my PC i will.
    By the way Metro 2033 runs great in my PC, and in my friends PC (e8400 with 9800GT), just turn off DoF, and go to Nvidia CP and activate FXAA and Adaptive Vertical sync.
  15. mafia97

mafia97

Thanks Received:
    hope my gtx580 can satisfy this console port hunger at 1680X1050 :p
  16. john.sa New Member

Thanks Received:
    no. i dont agree with having demanding games. Look at Darksiders. its so optimized.

why cant all games be like that?

Yes i bought an overclocked GTX 670 2GB but i was FORCED to buy it. Nvidia FORCED me to buy it.

They passively forced me. and again, I bought an i5 2500k CPU but it was because Intel actually FORCED me to buy it.

So i didnt buy my PC parts at my own will. I bought them because i was passively forced to.

Actually Intel and Nvidia have been forcing me to buy their products all these years.....
  17. NHKS

NHKS New Member

Thanks Received:
  18. john.sa New Member

Thanks Received:
    So???

im not allowing them to melt my PC. I will sue them. I will sue them before they have a chance in melting down my PC.

Crytek is an illegitimate company and should be closed.
  19. repman244

repman244

Thanks Received:
    :laugh::laugh: Good laugh this is.

No one is forcing you to even buy a PC never mind the components. It's you who chose you want to crank all the fancy details to high.

I still run my 5870 that I bought for 300€, and it has no problems running any games (I came to the 5870 from a X850XT !!!)

You need to adapt the purchase to your needs, if you need a CPU for heavy rendering you won't buy a dual core. Same thing when it comes to games, people still run Q6600's with no issues whatsoever, is it slower than 2500K? Yes it is, but you can still use it for gaming with no problems.

I agree with games needing more optimization to take the advantage of the modern hardware, and making the game very demanding is a plus because NVIDIA/AMD will try to push the GPU tech to make it run smoothly.
    As a matter of fact you can see how games today aren't demanding at all and the GPU's aren't even pushed to their full potential and you basically wasted money on them.

To sum it up, having a very demanding game and using medium settings for graphics is still a lot better than having shite console ported games on high settings.

This is just :roll::laugh:
    It's just a figure of speech, it's meant more in the way what Crysis 1 was like on the hardware (very punishing like PC games should be!).
  20. Aleksander

Thanks Received:
    I played crisis on a 2GB ram laptop with 5670m which ran really good.
    All this "will it run crisis" is quite stupid.
    Not to mention, it will blend PC!
  21. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
    Does anyone still give a fuck about Crysis?
    crazyeyesreaper and INSTG8R say thanks.
  22. john.sa New Member

Thanks Received:
    but will it run Crysis 3?
  23. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received: