1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Crysis 3

Discussion in 'Games' started by HammerON, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Mindweaver

Mindweaver Moderato®™ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys I'm wondering if anybody would like to share there autoexec.cfg settings? and list what your going for better graphics, best performance, mix between both, etc.. :toast: I just started playing in Nvidia surround 3x monitors @ 5030x1200 and it looks great. I'm going to start playing around with Baldur Crysis 3 CVar Configurator utility, but I believe starting next week I'm going to start working on my own utility. :toast:

Nvidia surround 3x monitors @ 5030x1200 on 1x MSI PE GTX680 @ 1145MHz and Boost 1210MHz
    1. Low - 35-45 fps
    2. Medium - 30-38 fps
    3. High - 28-34 fps
    4. very high - 19-22
    Crunching for Team TPU
  2. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    With that setup your FPS problem is more related to using one 2GB 680 than anything. You could go to WSGF (WideScreenGamingForum), but they'll likely tell you the same thing.
  3. Mindweaver

Thanks Received:
    Err.. I never said I needed help, or that I had a FPS problem, but thanks Mr. Obvious.. lol just busting your chops dude.. :p I know that I need another 680 for smooth game play and more than 2gb to run this at the highest texture setting on 3x monitors (help me explain that to my Wife..lol). I just wanted to share with everyone my fps in surround. It's actually very playable at almost all high settings. I'm just curious as to what everyone likes playing with settings wise. So, again what's your autoexec.cfg settings? :toast:
    Crunching for Team TPU
  4. manofthem

manofthem

Thanks Received:
    Don't forget about Aztec ;)

I just started playing today, and I had a good time with it. I just played through Crysis 2, and it was lousy imo, just boring and dumb. But right away, I had a good time with Crysis 3.

I'll be searching through this thread for tweaks and such for optimized performance. With my 7970s with setting all on high, my fps wasn't what I would like it to be. And crossfire wasn't working right, but I did find the alt+tab method someone mentioned before and that seemed to work better.

Looks like I'll need to OC my cards even further :D
    Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  5. LAN_deRf_HA

LAN_deRf_HA

Thanks Received:
    Been awhile since I stopped tweaking but this is what I settled on. I was going for performance and better visuals.

g_skipIntro = 1
    r_ChromaticAberration = 0.0
    r_Sharpening = 0.0

e_MergedMeshesInstanceDist = 100
    e_GICache = 7
    e_lodratio = 500
    e_viewdistratiovegetation = 500
    e_TessellationMaxDistance = 0

The first one is to skip the intro movies at start up. Second is to get rid of camera filtering on the edges of the screen. Third is to remove the texture sharpening filter, yes it makes things ever slightly more blurry, but has a dramatic effect on the aliasing of the grass as well as speeding up performance. Fourth fixes the grass animations as far as you can see but hurts performance. Fifth gives a big speed boost, for me anyways, with no visual effect. Six and seven max out the detailed view distance on buildings and trees with no performance impact I could measure. It's a very subtle change. The last is to turn off tessellation, and the reason I do that is because of the vines clipping into the trees. The down side is there's a shrub that looks crappy without it. So it's personal preference, bad trees vs bad shrubs.
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2013
    Mindweaver says thanks.
  6. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    LOL, "playable" is a term tossed around a lot, and very subjective to one's personal opinions on how smooth a game needs to play to be acceptable graphically, but to each their own. Personally I'd never attempt such a setup unless I knew ahead of time I could equip it from the start with two top shelf GPUs, but as you implied, when wives factor in, that can take some convincing.

On the cvar tweaks, I've done a few similar to what LAN suggested in Crysis 1 regarding veg distance, also added my own to help use OQ to significantly increase performance without impact by exhaustively searching for a way to use Low OQ without noticeable tradeoffs. It ended up being a detail distance setting that kept nearby cliffs from being blurry before their detail draws in when OQ is set to Low.

That said, I don't think I would be able to accept more blurriness for slightly better foliage AA per his sharpen tweak.

BTW, keep an eye out for an upcoming Crysis 3 TweaKGuide. Koroush has already said he'll be making one, and this time there's no delay to wait for approval.
    Mindweaver says thanks.
  7. Mindweaver

Thanks Received:
    LOL very true "Playable" is tossed around a lot, but 30fps is very playable and we have consoles to thank for that as well. I prefer 60+ and I didn't buy my 680 for surround gaming. I already had 3x monitors for programing/coding. But since I tried it.. I have to say it kicks ass and another 680 is in my future...hehehe I tweaked FC3 and I'm getting a steady 45-60fps and it's very enjoyable. If I turn everything down to low I'm getting around 80fps and it's night and day at smoothness. :toast:

Thanks for sharing about the new TweakGuide. :toast:
    Crunching for Team TPU
  8. Morgoth

Morgoth

Thanks Received:
    crysis 3 runs smoot at maxium settings on my HD5970
  9. Durvelle27

Durvelle27

Thanks Received:
  10. LAN_deRf_HA

LAN_deRf_HA

Thanks Received:
    Anyone else try the new patch? I got about 10% better performance.

Well the better way would be a higher AA setting, like MSAA with 8x supersampling, but the performance hit is extremely impractical, and really all the methods for addressing the grass situation involve bluring.
  11. DayKnight

Thanks Received:
    Started playing it.

Post processing and shadows low. No option to turn them off. :|

Motion Blur off. Everything else at very high. AA at SMAA Medium.

Game is really 'spikey' IMO. What I mean is that FPS change too much from one place to another and it's big enough to even make a guy like me piss off. I am numb and dumb to these changes, so yeah. :p

Turned SMAA to 2x and its a bit better now. Hate VSync, so that aint an option.

BTW, loading times are excellent. The game starts and loads maps like a boss on my setup/SSD. No complaints!.
  12. DayKnight

Thanks Received:
    Need to know when you guys experienced the most frame drop.

Want to be ready before hand.

Really happy with my current settings. Fluid gameplay till now.
  13. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    One bad spot for me was in the swamps, mostly if you didn't use stealth. If a lot of Ceph start engaging you there it can get laggy. It's the part just before Prophet talks like he's the AC
  14. bulma New Member

Thanks Received:
    I haven't seen better graphic in any other game!
  15. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    $22.50

I just got it for $22.50 on e-bay. I was a little skeptical for that price, but my Orgin account accepted it and to make things even Sweeter it is the Hunter Edition. I love the entire series and can't wait to play some tonight. I'm thinking I should be able to max it out. It had no problem with C2 or BF3 so I should be good to go. I'll have to tone it down for my back up system, but I play it on a 55" Sony wega which is only 720P any way. :toast:
  16. newconroer

newconroer

Thanks Received:
    Have to say, enjoyed it the most out of the three games.
    In response to the adage that Erocker touched on, yes the first game was more open and the sandbox style had it's appeal, however like the original Farcry, the open world and all it's flora/bushes/trees/landscape/terrain/mountains etc, were mere scenery as often the AI virtually saw right through it.
    There was no purpose to using any of that as cover - there was no strategy. You had to intentionally make it that way, as if playing a second game in your mind to make it more enjoyable.

With Crysis 2 we got a bit more of a corridor styled set of maps, and a more purposeful story line, however the suit vision and all the markers on the map showing you the different ways to approach a situation, was too cumbersome and clunky.
    This third one has simplified it fairly nicely and for that it's the best of Crysis 2 without the clutter.

I also found that in most areas of conflict there are still several ways and avenues to approach a situation, yet doing so is up to you. It just feels a bit too easy with the suit vision telling you exactly where enemies are, so if you leave that off, the game can be quite challenging yet also rewarding for those that like to pick and choose their battles.

Thus the third one gives you enough space to 'breathe' and enjoy your choices, but not so much that you're mindlessly wandering through terrain with no purpose and no benefit to playing tactical.
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2013
    rtwjunkie says thanks.
  17. DayKnight

Thanks Received:
    I threw tactical out of the window as soon a I understood how the upgrades and the menu worked and like after half of the game. After that it was run and gun.

Last boss fight was excellent, though really easy.
  18. RevengE

RevengE

Thanks Received:
    Just played through the campaign today. Really Liked it!