1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Crysis 3

Discussion in 'Games' started by HammerON, Feb 18, 2013.

1. BigMack70

Thanks Received:
    I'm still enjoying both the single and multiplayer, though I only enjoy replaying the single player because I'm a graphics whore.

I find the Spears mode in MP to be a lot of fun.

2. Darkleoco

Darkleoco

Thanks Received:
    Guess I'm going to bite the bullet with it being cheap on Origin right now :rockout:

3. Outback Bronze

Outback Bronze

Thanks Received:
    Hi guys. Ive only played through the first couple of missions and so far its not bad.

There is great satisfaction to see a game that utilizes all my pc components that ive worked hard for!

Gona keep playing and report back with full game play. Might take a while tho. Cheers.

4. Darkleoco

Darkleoco

Thanks Received:
    Must say I am liking the game alot more than I expected to, I've played about 10 hours of Multiplayer so far and its alot better than I expected it to be, nothing seems to be completely overpowered and even using my laptop on the lowest settings it looks great and I get about 50 fps on average :rockout:

5. claylomax

claylomax

Thanks Received:
  6. BigMack70

Thanks Received:
    This plot was Crytek's best attempt to pick up the broken pieces after Crysis 2 shattered anything resembling a decent plot.

I actually liked the plot of this game because it returned to the campy so-bad-it's-good style of the first game.

And I just realized I've played 30 hours of the multiplayer so far... it is the most fun in MP I've had in a long time. I'm probably a hypocrite for liking this given how much I hate CoD, though...

7. Mindweaver

Mindweaver Moderato®™ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I just bought this since origins had it on sale for 41 bucks! :toast: I was going to buy it as soon as I finish FC3, but since it was a 30% sale I had to jump on it. hehehe I've not played it yet, but I've dl'ed it. :toast:

Crunching for Team TPU
  8. Crap Daddy

Crap Daddy

Thanks Received:
    Got my game at last! Picked up a Never Settle bundle off a guy, used key sent by AMD, support non-existent, 2 weeks of mails and AMD Gaming forums, story too long and traumatic. Anyway I'm downloading now.

9. ChristTheGreat

ChristTheGreat

Thanks Received:
    Going to have it soon, HD7950 is at my home right now, can't wait to finish work :D

Crunching for Team TPU
  10. Mindweaver

Mindweaver Moderato®™ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I feel your pain man. My GTX680 was home before me last week. :toast:

Crunching for Team TPU
  11. ChristTheGreat

ChristTheGreat

Thanks Received:
    Gnah :D

Tonight, get the box, installthe card, go to my customer, get back and redeem my coupon :D

I need to buiild the computer for my other customer but while windos installation, I'll be able to play crysis 3 when I'll get it. Hope it will be fast!

Crunching for Team TPU
  12. angryblanket

angryblanket New Member

Thanks Received:
    SP was pretty good, this game looks amazing. Anyone want to get some MP games going?

13. t77snapshot

t77snapshot

Thanks Received:
    I just picked up Crysis 3 for 30 bucks! I am stoked about that..:D Loved the first one, warhead was full of bugs and I would like to forget, C2 had a good story-line but lacked freedom as a player. I hope the best for my C3 experience... we will see!

Crunching for Team TPU
  14. Crap Daddy

Crap Daddy

Thanks Received:
    Some impressions. Bit of a slow start then gradually all hell breaks loose. Solid campaign so far. The game looks very good with moments of awesomeness. Definitely better than Crysis 2. I'd say it is a must for people with strong hardware even if one is not a Crysis fan, it is really worth it to see how a game should look in 2013 in it's full glory. It absolutely uses every drop of power my machine has (including the modest 4.2 GHz overclock). The good part is that the GTX570 is still capable to deliver what I find good gameplay at 1680x1050. Very High preset, textures, SMAA medium 2TX though performance varies oddly enough based on chapters (first mixed, second great, most of third it's a bit hard with these settings, fourth great). Also it seems I loose vsync even if it's enabled in game and I've experienced some crashes (nothing new here, I guess)

15. theoneandonlymrk

theoneandonlymrk

Thanks Received:
    Im equally impressed with 5 series xfire performance though I do need to drop from max settings on a few more than you.
    Its makeing a 7950 a hard buy

More than 25k PPD
  16. Darkleoco

Darkleoco

Thanks Received:
    Might as well chime in that though my 660m is only strong enough to push 50-60 fps(at 1080p) on the lowest settings even at those settings the game looks great and I am impressed just how much of the intensive settings are not required to make the game look great. :rockout:

17. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    Is the game as it should be and not like Crysis 2 was with shit effects and low res textures and shitloads of idiotic bugs? I've delayed the purchase because of this and i want to be sure before i go into another Crysis purchase. Prepurchasing the broken Crysis 2 ruined half of the experience.
    I've finished the game with mediocre graphics and raged half of the time because of moronic sound bugs. Is Crysis 3 any better in this aspect?

18. theoneandonlymrk

theoneandonlymrk

Thanks Received:
    I have come across the odd door ripped straight from half life but overall better than two so far

More than 25k PPD
  19. Crap Daddy

Crap Daddy

Thanks Received:
    People say it's shorter but it's definitely better than 2. Graphics are on another level, mostly I find the overall art direction and atmosphere much more immersive. Light reflecting from water and then dancing on the walls, I'm sure I haven't seen than nowhere before. Also there are chapters where I got the feeling of the first Far Cry, don't ask me why. Maybe the design of the industrial facilities, the huge scene unfolding before your eyes with waves of mayhem unleashed upon everybody. The only thing I kinda miss are the Koreans.

20. BigMack70

Thanks Received:
    The game is superior to Crysis 2 in every way IMO; really don't understand why reviews didn't reflect that.

That said, I think ultimately I still like the first Crysis better.

21. Crap Daddy

Crap Daddy

Thanks Received:
    It's true, it still looks great on lower settings but you absolutely need a processor with as many cores as you can get.

I also find this odd. Also somehow the hype and promotion was on the lower side. I find Crysis 3 a very pleasant surprise.

22. Darkleoco

Darkleoco

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I figured as much I only have an entry level ivy bridge i7 in my laptop but in a few weeks im back home with my 2600k and my 6950's and I can play Crysis 3 how its meant to be played.

23. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    I have to agree 3 is better than 2. In fact my first play through I got more of that feeling of having to be careful how I approached the AI than I ever did in 2. It also seems to have a bit more variety to it.

That said, I still find it has a lot of repetitious navigating from one area to another, and the remote hacking and abundant supply of overpowered weapons and even invulnerability suit chargers make it still quite easy to play.

I actually got side tracked by Tomb Raider, which I've played on all modes, and have yet to finish my last play through of Crysis 3, and I don't even particularly like TR 2013 much. Last distraction was Dead Space 3's Awakened DLC.

Maybe eventually I'll get around to playing and finishing this on the hardest modes, but I'm having a hard time wanting to.

24. rickss69

Thanks Received:
    "Aw hell, it's a real shit show." :laugh:

[​IMG]

25. Animalpak

Animalpak

Thanks Received:
    Raptor Squad before the mission with the nanosuit. ( crysis 3 ending )

You can recognize Jester, Nomad ? ( maybe ) Prophet and Psycho then ... Who knows... Some VTOL pilots LOL !

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 30, 2013