1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Crysis custom cfg:

Discussion in 'Games' started by Jrob, Jul 15, 2008.

1. newconroer

newconroer

Thanks Received:
    After all is said and done, there's one thing that really sticks out no matter what level of visual quality you have set, and that is the aliasing of flora/trees. Supersampling AA should help this, and fortunatley with the 280 there's no hit on performance, however it's not nearly as potent as Edgeblurring set to level 2. It really does do justice to the scenery as the trees no longer stand out. Yet you can't run it with FSAA on, which means you suffer all the other 'jaggies.'

That really really really dissapoints me; the one thing I really wanted fixed, and it's a massive compromise.

2. Jrob New Member

Thanks Received:
    I agree, can't have both though. Same goes for AF, you have to disable r_usepom=1 to get AF to work which sucks, cause most like the parallax occlusion mapping on the ground textures.

you could buy three 280's and play @ 1680x1050 with 16Q :)

3. newconroer

newconroer

Thanks Received:
    I don't know about the AF, I haven't disabled POM, and just forced it through the driver.

Is it in turn forcing pom off? How do I check again?

Though I'm getting some odd problems now. Textures are late loading and popping up all over the place and the game crashes randomly.

4. Jrob New Member

Thanks Received:
    No it wont turn pom off, but I dont think AF will work with pom enabled...Try restarting if textures are loading late crysis can get screwy after messing with the cmds.

5. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    I'm sure you know what you're doing Jrob, I was wondering if you messed with the Geometry Instancing and texture/water occlusion lines and if they did any good? Your Extreme 1.2 is working so well now I haven't even wanted to open it up!

I may try 16AF, but I'm getting solid 35FPS, peaking around 50 and dipping to low 20's on occasion...lol the reason I was in the 25-30range was due to the fact I was Folding w/the GPU2 client! :D

Keep up the good work man! Also, I meant to mention this earlier, I dig the text art man! :toast:

Jrob says thanks.
  6. Jrob New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for teh <3 man :)

Im working on some wicked art for warhead.

7. Urbklr

Urbklr

Thanks Received:
    Could you run a bench of Crysis with and without AA please, I'm curious to see if it is broke:laugh:

8. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    When I get it back from rma I would happy to :p

9. Urbklr

Urbklr

Thanks Received:
    Ohh yea, haha...forgot about that:laugh:

I'ma post some no-AA/2xAA bench's, maybe I'm just seeing things:ohwell:

10. Urbklr

Urbklr

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I sure wish I had this free 2xAA:(

11. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    Try other games with 2x AA and tell me how that goes! I hope I dont get one without the magic 2x aa.. crap..

Maybe its vista cause your on XP..

12. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    Still not shabby results man, and I'm sure in future drivers things will improve.

Well he's in vista, maybe there's an ATI trick for the DX10 version? That or his sys specs is incorrect..or he dual boots. I'll have to run that bench on mine, I'm running very high + 1.2 extreme high mod, and getting around 35FPS in game...granted the bench will probably score lower, but this 260 is a decent graphics cruncher...might have to OC it though, if I hit the EVGA FTW 260 speeds, I could see close to stock GTX280 performance from what I've read...I'll find out for sure tho!

ShadowFold says thanks.
  13. Urbklr

Urbklr

Thanks Received:
    I'm running XP. DX9 with all DX10 Cvars and MotionBlur=5 is the same as DX10 on Vista. For that bench, I ran my own simple .cfg, so I can run MotionBlur=5....I can't with Jrob's.

@Shadow, I ran Vista 64, and 32 with this card....same thing, just lower results:(

14. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    What about other games tho?

15. Urbklr

Urbklr

Thanks Received:
    Not sure, I'll check right after supper...Nom nom nom:rockout:

16. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    Awesome.. The games I tested and worked were, World in Conflict(maxed out DX10), Team Fortress 2(and Hl2 Ep2, same engine w/e), Call of Duty 4 and 2, STALKER, Crysis and Hellgate.

17. Urbklr

Urbklr

Thanks Received:
    I have....Crysis, and I just finished CoD4. That's all that I have ATM....Net has been half out for a week, or I would have HL2 and all my steam games, can hardly download a 2MB file:banghead:

18. Jrob New Member

Thanks Received:
    Its already set at r_GeomInstancing=1 by default, I would leave it at that. I havn't messed with those cmds much.

If you guys find the waves of the water effects to much like in small ponds, change the cmd.

e_phys_ocean_cell=0.2 to 0.5

Thanks for all the feedback guys, im leaving out of state on business tomorrow, I'll try to answer any troubles you may have with the config when I get time. I'll have my lappy:)

Here is a nice spreadsheet of the cmds by MADBoris;
    http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/8375/crysiscvarsvy9.gif

Kursah says thanks.
  19. Jrob New Member

Thanks Received:
    *updated first page with BBCode: so its easy to see which cmd to change if getting kicking while playing online with the configs.

ShadowFold and newconroer say thanks.
  20. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    Getting my HD 4850 back from RMA today. Gonna do some vanilla 1.2.2 crysis runs then Extreme then Extreme Lite.

Jrob says thanks.
  21. kyle2020 Guest

*Reinstalls Crysis* haha. Looking forward to testing this.

22. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    Its awesome trust me! Your rig should probably use the lite version tho. Probably pushing it with a AMD!

Jrob says thanks.
  23. kyle2020 Guest

ill push this little chip to its limits :D You never know, it might die, "Forcing" me to buy a Q6600. I cant imagine how heart-destroying that would be :D

24. newconroer

newconroer

Thanks Received:
    What's the variables behind Crysis losing frames when you're moving; not necessarily side to side - setting off motion blur - but simply forward and backwards? I sat still and was holding 30 fps, then moved along a path and it dropped by at least 8; sit still again and it shoots back up?

I was thinking motion blur on objects, but it's not seen by the naked eye, so it's worth removing; I have a variable in mind that might be linked to it, just wondering if anyone has an idea?

25. kyle2020 Guest

its because its having to render things as you move - stood still its free to render just what in your FOV and nothing else - in movement you FOV is adjusting every second, add particles + motion blur and you have one hell of a high demand for computing power, hence the drop.