1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Crysis custom cfg:

Discussion in 'Games' started by Jrob, Jul 15, 2008.

1. newconroer

newconroer

Thanks Received:
    Right, I meant beyond that.

Because I've been able to make some adjustments and in that same very spot, my card will lock the FPS at 30 and cease to move at all; where as before as you know it would drop then shoot back up.

Though I didn't find any direct variable I don't believe; just an accumulation of other fine tuning.

I think I'm done with modifying Crysis now.

1920X1200
    Edge AA level 2
    16 AF
    Vsync

FPS rating:
    32.4 Beach bench
    31.1 Assault bench

30-35 in shrubbery, occasional dip to high 20s.
    Non shrubbery, 35-45+
    Battle, 25-30, intermittent low 20s with massive explosions.

All Very High except:

Physics - High (for obvious reasons, it's unecessary beyond that)
    Shadows (Custom)
    Post Processing (Custom, equivilant to Very High due to Edge AA)

con_restricted=0
    d3d9_TripleBuffering=1
    r_UseEdgeAA=2
    r_UsePom=0
    r_MultiGPU=0
    sys_physics_CPU=1
    r_ColorGrading=1
    r_DepthOfField=1
    r_MotionBlur=1
    r_TexturesStreaming=0
    r_TexMaxAnisotropy=16
    e_particles_thread=1
    es_OnDemandPhysics=1
    gpu_particle_physics=1
    r_GeomInstancing=1
    r_ColorGradingDOF=0
    r_SSAO=1
    e_lods=1
    e_proc_vegetation=1

GTX is at stock clocks

177.41 Vista 64

@Kursah, if you want to squeeze some more performance using Jrob's as a base, I can send you over some stuff. 30+FPS in the forest on Very High is nothing to shake a stick at !

To all : Please thank Jrob if you like this build, as it was based on his, and his advice. Also remember that several of the lighting adjustments found in his build will still be applicable, and with minimal frame loss.
    I've kept mine basic as more of a base to start with.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2008
    Jrob says thanks.
  2. Jrob New Member

Thanks Received:
    Im glad you like it Shadow. If any of you have any suggestions or changes that should be made to the config, please post them here.

I would like to improve the extreme and lite versions as much as possible. There is still some room for improvement on the configs im sure, mainly the lite version. I really like the image qaulity of the extreme, I think its where it needs to be...however if im missing a command that can improve the fps without killing the image quality please let me knoe.

Thanks,
    Jman

Kursah says thanks.
  3. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    You have both dialed in pretty well IMO, there's always room for improvement, but I'll leave that to you and be content with what you provide! I'm still very impressed thus far!

:toast:

Jrob says thanks.
  4. Jrob New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks man, much appreciated.

5. newconroer

newconroer

Thanks Received:
    I think the main improvements will be found in fine tuning the 'spec' levels. I.e. if I want overall Very High post processing, but only for the sake of Edge AA, then I need to find the other variables within post processing, that I can tone down, in order to save on performance.

High to Very High post processing can cost up to say 3-6 frames for some people in a beach benchmark. You could probably keep the post processing which would cost 2-4 frames, but modify the configuration in more detail in order to retain the remaning two frames.

And another example would be with Shader Quality. It's the thing that makes most noticeable performance and visual difference(s). Setting a complete list of Q_ShaderGlass=, Q_ShaderMetal=, Q_ShaderVegetation= etc. would allow you to define Very High shaders for things you want, and lower quality for things you don't want thus keeping image quality but increasing performance.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2008
    Jrob says thanks.
  6. Jrob New Member

Thanks Received:
    I found a few things to improve this autoexec without loss of image quality, look for an *update in the following week :)

ShadowFold and Kursah say thanks.
  7. Jrob New Member

Thanks Received:
    Here some pics of 1.3 coming in a few days. Improved performance greatly on the lite config and somewhat on the extreme:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 10, 2008
  8. fullinfusion

fullinfusion 1.21 Gigawatts

Thanks Received:
    That's just gorgeous Jrob... ya think i can run it on my vista 64 bit system this time with out any crashes (re-install the o/s)?:wtf:

9. Jeno Guest

wow that is amazing!!! i cant wait!!!! :toast:

10. fullinfusion

Thanks Received:
    Just get it rite for vista 64 Jrob lol.... i have so much stuff on my PC and takes like more than half a day to re-install the O/S.... i wont install your patch till i know it wont bugger sh^t up this time for me.... thank's man.... and yes i cant believe how great your makin the graphix for this game :toast::toast::toast::toast::respect::respect::respect:

11. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    I never had any issues w/Vista x64 and JRob's mods thus far, I do use the x64 game launcher too...but I'm sure you also do. Wonder what is giving you issues...I guess it could be the cfg file, but I have yet to get a crash from Crysis or his modded cfg file, plus performance is pretty good imo.

12. fullinfusion

Thanks Received:
    game launcher? well im still to shy to go Jrob's way but i don't know what happened that day.... it may have been a number of things but in no way am i saying the patch is no good.... i am however happy to see a fellow vista 64 user not having any problems with the update from the MAN!!!:D
    when i decide to run the patch i'll for sure ask for detailed instruction's on how and where to install the patch.... Keep up the great work Jrob.... loving the visuals so far man :respect: :toast:

13. Jrob New Member

Thanks Received:
    Whats your issues? Its just a config file, it shouldn't bugger up your system:confused:

I think the prob is something else, thousands have used it already with the gamecopyworld link and crymod, only two compliants about vista 64 and it was a window mode bug, which i updated the readme files. Thanks to sneakypete for finding that fix...

fullinfusion let me know exactly whats the bugs, pm them to me or post it here please.

regards,
    jman

14. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    The install is as easy as copy and paste...then run the game and go afiak, that's all I did, all my settings were already at Very HI and my resolution was set...worked perfectly from the first attempt and still works great to this day.

As-far-as the Crysis x64 launcher, go into the install folder, and then into the bin64 folder, the Crysis.exe in there is for the x64.

Also what version are you patched up to?

Jrob and fullinfusion say thanks.
  15. fullinfusion

Thanks Received:
    Ok Jrob.... i'll install the game tomorrow and after it's in i'll PM or msg you in here and get detailed instructions on what game patch to download after the install and what to do next.... like i said it could've been a number of things on my end that happened that day...:respect:
    Thanks man :toast:

Jrob says thanks.
  16. fullinfusion

Thanks Received:
    i havent installed the game since.... i dont plan on playing online so if ya'll wouldn't mind walking me through the install(what to check) and update process it would be greatly appreciated...thank you:eek:

17. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    I patched up to 1.2.1 iirc, the 1.2 patch can update 1.0 and 1.1, so get that and the 1.2.1 and you'll be updated to what I play at.

Trust me man, this is all a lot easier, detailed instructions for the patch is:
    Download patch, execute patch. K? Good.

The Mod:
    Download mod
    unrar mod
    read the README, decide what version you want to use,
    COPY the autoexec.cfg of the chosen version, go to the install DIR, i.e. mine is
    D:\Games\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis

Then go into the GAME directory and PASTE the autoexec.cfg and run the game normally. It is completely reversable if you remove the autoexec.cfg file, I've read on the mod of Crysis in this way, and it's a pretty neat implementation...quite a bit of info to sort through, thankfully JRob is motivated to create such a good mod in this method!

That's all I did! :toast:

Jrob says thanks.
  18. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    Quick 1.3 preview from me, more to come in a few gotta do some things first.

[​IMG]

Jrob says thanks.
  19. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    Anyone know a good screen cap program I just push a button and it makes a screen shot? FRAPS only does BMPs and doesn't save 90% of the time I push the button to cap it..

20. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
  21. Jrob New Member

Thanks Received:
    Just use crysis, hit the f12 key if that doesn't work try print screen key.

Then go into "your" documents folder, my games folder, then you should see crysis folder with screenshots;)

22. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    New Extreme Config 1.3 shots by me, I know I cant take good shots still look great tho!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    Here are some version v1.3 Extreme Lite screens :pimp: Using a HD 3870(its x2 but crossfire does nothing for crysis :() and core2 e6400 @ 2.6ghz.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

24. Jeno Guest

just release the dam thing already!!!!!

25. Jrob New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have to test to ensure compatibility Jeno...last thing I want is to crash peeps computers. I have a select few testing 1.3 with different operating systems, gpu's, etc.

1.3 extreme verison pics;) * click on these hi res shots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]