1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Crysis custom cfg:

Discussion in 'Games' started by Jrob, Jul 15, 2008.

1. alexp999

alexp999 Staff

Thanks Received:
    i dont mind testing it if its in its final stages. Dont mind crashing, if my setup is one you want to try on?

Nice work mate, just been playing around with 1.2 for last couple of hours.

:toast:
    Jrob says thanks.
  2. newconroer

Thanks Received:
    Send me over some code if you want Jrob, I'll give it a run vs my config.

I noticed recently that forcing AF through the driver can cause up to 10fps loss!
    Jrob says thanks.
  3. Jrob New Member

Thanks Received:
    Cryteks needs to release a patch so we can play with pom=1 and af at the same time:ohwell:
  4. Jeno Guest

yeah i too am good to test some code if you want!
    xp 32bit + 9600gt :)
  5. Jeno Guest

CRYSIS Ultra High Quality 1.3.1 on my unoverclocked 9600gt

[​IMG]

words can not describe how great 1.3 looks... well that's not true, it had me shouting the 'F' word alot while staring open-mouthed at the screen!
    I haven't found a good reason to oc.... till now :D
  6. fullinfusion

fullinfusion 1.21 Gigawatts

Thanks Received:
    ok im going to install crysis now... i'll be back soon after for instructions and what game patch do i install?
  7. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    1.2.1 is the latest and the best. Be sure to get the extreme patch, but make sure you use the lite one with your card, helps performance ALOT. And the 1.3 version that im testing you should be good with the full extreme version cause my 3870X2 is working fine with the 1.3 extreme but even better with 1.3 lite :)
    fullinfusion says thanks.
  8. fullinfusion

Thanks Received:
    thank you but can you give me the link for the patches i need?
  9. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
  10. fullinfusion

Thanks Received:
  11. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    The extreme patch has a config that you just drop in your crysis folder :toast:
  12. fullinfusion

Thanks Received:
    ok just dowloading the 1.2 patch... and going to try it... thanks again....:toast:
  13. v-zero Guest

Any chance of getting ahold of the pre-release 1.3 lite config Jrob? I have plenty of experience with these things so I'm not worried about stability... I'm running Vista 64 at the moment.
  14. newconroer

Thanks Received:

People need to stop over exaggerating. About the only NOTICEABLE difference is some of the lighting. Everything else is generally overlooked, or it's just too subtle to notice. That doesn't mean it's not worth fixing or tweaking, but you need to stop painting Jrob into a corner, as if he's fleshing out entirely new textures for the game, like Qarl did for his texture packs for Oblivion.

Jrob's doing something entirely different, and doesn't need unwarranted pressure.

The setup are either a lite version for people who want things to look a little bit better, but are still running at lower settings; - or the extreme, for people who want things to look even better, despite whatever performance hit they may take (regardless of whatever relief Jrob provides through certain variables in the configs).

So, if you're the former, then this is nice, you get some better visuals, but nothing 'extreme.'

And if you're the latter, you already know what Crysis looks like on Very High, and config adjustments, no matter how 'extreme,' does not have a stark result of night and day.

The best thing you can do for Jrob, other tuners, and yourselves, is to actually pay attention to what he's doing, and compare performance vs image quality based on your tastes. You might just find that say with Shaders at 'High' and Post Processing at 'High' you enjoy how the game looks more, then you can add a custom variable of ColorGrading which you enjoy even more, but you can retain the performance of 'High' Post Processing, by setting particular variables pertaining to Post Processing itself.

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but blanketed and nonsenical claims of the game looks 'so much better,' is so unnecessary and only confuses people who are looking fur custom configuration files.

Crysis tweaking has been going on before it was even on the shelves, and it's been plenty of time now that anyone of us could already have used custom setups and have played the game through multiple times; but some of us for whatever reasons DIDN'T. Jrob isn't the creator, but he's someone who's interested and dedicated to working on it, and through his advancements, spawned my interest, and from that interest and his guidance spawned a setup that works for me both image quality wise and performance wise. The game runs much better, and it looks slightly better. And that was my goal. However NOTHING will make the game look extremely better than it does on Very High and it's not Jrob's responsibility to achieve such a goal.

He has my thanks for what he's done, not for what he hasn't done.
  15. fullinfusion

Thanks Received:
    ok 1.2 patch has installed..... now what?.... sorry i just wana get the install rite the first time...
    i didnt download the extreme yet.... ummm also since im using vista 64 do i always need to go into the game folder and open the 64 launcher? can i make a short cut for it?
  16. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    The readme has install instructions and use the x86(32bit) launcher its more stable.
  17. Jrob New Member

Thanks Received:
    QFT;

Here's what im been working on since 1.2, found some new cmds lastnight that makes a hugh diff with reflections.

These are same tod's, I used the quick save feature to compare. Click on them for full res to compare.

Default VeryHigh:
    [​IMG]

Extreme 1.3:
    [​IMG]
  18. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    Console games already look like that.lol jk
  19. alexp999

alexp999 Staff

Thanks Received:
    Okay here are some quick screenies between versions (1.3r is 1.3b with jrob reflection extra)

Havent had a chance to compare Fps yet, or take more screenies, but jrob's feel smoother than Very High.
    You can see the difference in draw distances big time!
    (@ jrob, where do you go to see those extra reflections, I had a look around, maybe I wasnt looking in the right place.)

All these were taken on the rig in my specs on DX10 64bit.

From left to right;

Vanilla Very High, 1.2, 1.3b, 1.3r

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 13, 2008
  20. Jrob New Member

Thanks Received:
    to see the extra reflections you have to go close to trees near water. I could increase the draw distance on that but performance goes downhill.
  21. Jeno Guest

[​IMG]
    you'll notice im running low on frames here, should have spent $50 extra and got the 8800gt >:#
    oh well still looks amazing, great work Jrob :)
  22. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    Looks great and 28FPS in crysis is still playable imo! 9600GT's are pretty powerful little cards, especially considering they've only got 64 shaders!

I love 1.3 so far JRob! I haven't taken any screens yet, but it does seem to improve on your overall goal of how very high should look, this mod is doing very well! It also does seem to have a little better FPS too! Dunno if that was drivers or your cfg or both! Either way, the game looks great!

:toast:
    Jrob says thanks.
  23. Jeno Guest

yeah its playable... but still i would have liked a few more frames.
    im experimenting with oc's at the moment, i seem to have taken it rly personally that i cant play my favorite game with ultra maxed out grafix :laugh:
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2008
  24. alexp999

alexp999 Staff

Thanks Received:
    Okay here are some benches. Comparing Vanilla all on Very High, and Jrob's latest 1.3beta he sent me

Average FPS on vanilla: 25.546

Average FPS on 1.3b: 23.825

Which considering the difference in quality is nothing! If anything Jrob's feels smoother for some reason :confused:

Gonna find some nice screenshots to take, showing off the water reflections and post them up in a bit.

nice work Jrob!
  25. tomcug New Member

Thanks Received:
    Jrob, can you send me your latest code? I'd really like to test that.