1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Crysis custom cfg:

Discussion in 'Games' started by Jrob, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Jrob New Member

Thanks Received:
    Which config lite or extreme?

2. Jeno Guest

extreme i think.... which one did you send me?

3. tomcug New Member

Thanks Received:
    Jrob, thanks for sending me your latest code. I've just tested lite version and it's stable like a rock. About image quality, my words can't desribe this what I've seen. It's simply extremely good image quality. There are some screens:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jrob says thanks.
  4. tomcug New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've just finished benching and results are pretty amazing. There they are:

2008-08-14 18:27:07 - XP
    Beginning Run #1 on Map-island, Demo-benchmark_gpu
    DX9 1280x1024, AA=No AA, Vsync=Disabled, 32 bit test, FullScreen
    Demo Loops=3, Time Of Day= 9
    Global Game Quality: High
    ==============================================================
    TimeDemo Play Started , (Total Frames: 2000, Recorded Time: 111.86s)
    !TimeDemo Run 0 Finished.
    Play Time: 50.27s, Average FPS: 39.79
    Min FPS: 17.94 at frame 139, Max FPS: 52.76 at frame 1007
    Average Tri/Sec: -32698074, Tri/Frame: -821799
    Recorded/Played Tris ratio: -1.12

Jrob says thanks.
  5. exo17 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I tried out the 1.2 and you can see a significant difference from the default high/very high - good job Jrob :D

Jrob says thanks.
  6. Jrob New Member

Thanks Received:

Thanks guys! Those screens look really good tomcug, makes me wanna load up Crysis and start playin again :)

7. Jrob New Member

Thanks Received:
    ***update

Changelog:

Version 1.3:

* Fixed performance drop with beams, (i.e.) flashlights, and headlights
    * Improved performance on lite version.
    * Improved reflections on both version.
    * Lite version can be used online now.
    * Added new cvars & updated readme's.

Peeps please try the lite config, its been improved greatly with performance / image quality relation.

The extreme version has only minor changes, its strictly for sli-systems and future hardware. If anyone has any issues or bugs please inform me, thanks to everyone who
    tested and others who helped me improve these configs. :respect:

Regards,
    Jman

sneekypeet, ShadowFold and Kursah say thanks.
  8. PP Mguire

PP Mguire New Member

Thanks Received:
    I just tried the extreme version on my system and it runs amazingly! Should i try the lite version instead? I just want maximum in yo face mak you nut in your PJs graphics :)

Question, it set all my settings from very high to custom. Is that supposed to happen?

Jrob says thanks.
  9. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    jrob I installed the 1.3lite on my PC just now and all was good. I did find however, I had forgottent to turn on fraps. So I alt + tab out and turn it on and returned to the windowed mode. Im sure this time it wasnt the install of the file but me causing the issue by alt tabbing!

Jrob says thanks.
  10. alexp999

alexp999 Staff

Thanks Received:
    Crysis does that, it did it to me before jrob's file.
    One Alt-tab puts it in windowed mode, another drops it to desktop.
    Then when you launch Crysis again, it will be in windowed mode, you can just Alt+Enter to get it back to Fullscreen.

Really good work though Jrob! :toast:

Jrob says thanks.
  11. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Irealize how it works. Jrob had asked me thro PM about it last time, and I remembered the issue happening, just not the timeline. With this instal I was more careful; to see what had cause my issue!

IIRC it was others who were reporting this issue was based on his config. I was more or less confirmning it wasnt!

12. alexp999

alexp999 Staff

Thanks Received:
    I guessed you would prob know, but i put it up incase others had the same problem and didnt know how to. ;)

Only issue I have found, which afaik is a crysis issue than this config issue. is that whenever there is a new autoexec placed in the crysis folder, it runs in windowed mode on the first run. it did this with my own custom config, and every time I tried a different version of jrobs.

13. snuif09

snuif09 New Member

Thanks Received:
    does this work on my 4850 and proc ?

14. Jrob New Member

Thanks Received:
    There is a command "r_fullscreen=1" for Crysis to bad I found after I updated :mad:

+r_Fullscreen 1 you can add that in the target line as well... Right click on the shortcut and hit properties put in +r_Fullscreen 1 after the quotes, make a space right before plus sign.

snuif09, try the lite config should be fine.

Thanks

15. Tatty_One

Tatty_One Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I am just about to buy the game today, I played the demo ages ago and TBH at the time, was not particularily impressed, I have heard that the game isnt particularily CPU bound as in, on a C2D, anything upwards of about 3.2gig makes no performance difference......taking into account my specs (my overclocked 260 should take me beyond stock 280 perf), should I try 1.3 from the off or just go with the standard game, will my setup with a 19xx resolution handle 1.3 better than the standard game config?

16. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    Lite works fine on mine. Try OCing the cpu a bit tho, that might kill you!

17. snuif09

snuif09 New Member

Thanks Received:
    k forgot to edit it but its running at 3.0ghz now :p

18. alexp999

alexp999 Staff

Thanks Received:
    Just out of interest Jrob, is the lite config still a higher spec than very high?

Cheers, might try lite out if thats so, it started to lag a little (still playable) when I got to that hostage bit, with the beach and mines and stuff.

19. newconroer

newconroer

Thanks Received:
    After much comparison of famous author's configs, and Jrobs, I've decided to keep a lot of the object, vegetation, shadow and lighting variables, fine tune them some more to my liking, then throw on proper full AF, with SSAO, 4xaa or EdgeAA 2x and a few budget variables for extra performance, all while under XP.

As previously mentioned, some shaders need to be tuned to the point where you get the "Very High" features you want, and then strip down the rest, but unfortunatley this is ultimatley not possible.

The only real way to ensure this is to run under XP "High" then manually set your increased variables at the higher levels you wish.

If you slim Very High really hard, right to the point where you're about to lose your image quality, you can gain a good 10-20fps. You can turn right around and run it in XP, and gain 30-40fps. Slap in the variables you really want, and you're back down to 10-20fps but with the increased IQ. Doing that in Vista can make the game almost unplayabale again.

The really 'soft' or extreme lighting that we saw from Crysis promos and etc. are just not attainable, as the shaders are missing entirely. With Warhead being released, I doubt we'll ever see the patch that was promised to us, which was to include those shaders or a.k.a. the "extreme" version.

So if you're looking at Jrob's stuff thinking, 'well this doesn't improve performance, it makes it worse overall, but I still want to USE it, then try running it in XP."

Also, if anyone hasn't already noticed, there's a heavy dithering effect at night time when in Vista. Using XP makes that go away. In some ways it helps create realism, but the amount used is a bit too much.

Below I've included two screens representing the lighting, shadows, overall color grade, intensity, contrast and vegetation blending I'm using. Pardon if it seems lower res, TPU isn't showing it in 1920.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      199.2 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      204.5 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
  20. Jrob New Member

Thanks Received:
    I recommend you play the first time without any configs. Once you get bored of it try playing it with my config, you might prefer the new lighting and extra's :)

BTW make sure to get the latest patches 1.2 & 1.2.1

Yes it still is above very high, some cmds are only high to low like the physics, only way to improve the performance that way. The cmd at the very top of my config "sys_specFull" forces every other cmd to veryhigh thats not in the config.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
  21. dipsta New Member

Thanks Received:
    dud wonder if u can help getting very very low fps in crysis using benchmarking tool and your fix, about 11fps, just upgrading to crsysis 1.2 patch, well see if that fixes anything. But am currently running 8.8 catalyst and cards (4850) in xfire at 690/1090

22. fullinfusion

fullinfusion 1.21 Gigawatts

Thanks Received:
    still haven't had the balls to try it again jrob.... any feed back on the patch with the new cat 8.8 vista 64 drivers yet?

23. Jrob New Member

Thanks Received:
    Fusion, just try the lite version it wont mess up your computer :p

24. Jrob New Member

Thanks Received:
    dipsta, im sorry man been real busy. Which config your using lite or extreme? you should get more than 10fps using lite:(

25. newconroer

newconroer

Thanks Received:
    Hey Rob, I'm running into one last problem with setting up IQ. I've noticed it before, but always assumed that once I started using driver AF full time, that it would go away.

I am speaking about the filtering resolution of shadows.

And there is a gentleman here who made a small post about it :

http://www.incrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=23367

I already knew the affects of increasing the shadow map resolution in the past - it increases the detail while simultaneously making them clearer from farther away, however they still have a nasty dithering filter over them.

AF even at 16x does not solve it. It actually has no affect on the shadow texture filter. I've looked for a variable to link something to it, but had no luck.