• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Crysis, designed, developed and created on Geforce 8800 ??

System Name MUFFIN_MACHINE
Processor i7 920
Motherboard E760 Classified
Cooling cooler master gemini II
Memory 6gb ddr3 crucial ballistix
Video Card(s) TFIII 6950
Storage 500gb wd, samsung spinpoint t series 500gb, 2 tb samsung somthing or other
Display(s) syncmaster 940bw 19"
Case Corsair Carbide Series 500R
Audio Device(s) X-fi extrememusic
Power Supply Corsair HX 850W
Software windows 7 64bit
Benchmark Scores i can drink a pint in 5 seconds flat.
ive never have had any problems with oblivion... or i might have and just not remember them
;)

System Name Darth Obsidious
Processor Intel i5 2500K
Motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V/Gen3
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212+ in Push Pull
Memory 2X4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) ASUS R9 270x TOP
Storage 128GB Samsung 830 SSD, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Green
Display(s) LG IPS234V-PN
Case Corsair Obsidian 650D
Audio Device(s) Infrasonic Quartet
Power Supply Corsair HX650w
Software Windows 7 64bit and Windows XP Home
Benchmark Scores 2cm mark on bench with a razor blade.
I tend to notice stutters and pauses quite easily for some reason.
Even if I see a slight pause I notice it while my mates just look at the screen going what?

System Name Home/Work/Home
Processor Dual Xeon 5570 / Core i5-2.6Ghz / Dell Vostro 410 Xeon L5430
Motherboard Lenovo D20 / Dell 4110 / Vostro 410 G33 based
Cooling stock / stock / stock
Memory 12Gb / 4Gb / 4Gb
Video Card(s) 9800GT 512 / HD3000 / 9800GT 512 PCIE
Storage Geez Louise - a whole bunch !
Display(s) CRT Phillips Brilliance 204P
Case EATX / Laptop / Glorious Dell Vostro 410
Audio Device(s) stock / stock / stock
Power Supply stock / stock / stock
Mouse Zowie, is there another?
Keyboard Awesome Dell Natural (by Microsoft)
Software W2K3 Svr / W2K3 Svr
Benchmark Scores Alot / not so much / Working on it
Just a minute Davidelmo....

I'm not starting a debate.....Competition is great, and the more there is, the better for you or me. However, the possible negative side is that the industry moves very quickly, forcing you to upgrade etc to keep up.. however, like I said, that's the price you willingly, knowingly pay.

I'd say the debate is maturing quite nicely...and for the better!

David...I'd say you have forgotten something very simple. Game developers are in business to make MONEY....as much as possible no doubt. On this idea we all can agree.

Another idea we can all agree on, is that the MAJOR share of the money made by Game developers does not come from Hardware manufacturers like nVidia or AMD. This is also very true!!! The MAJOR money comes from you and me...aka the gaming customer base.

When a Game Developer places roadblocks between their new game and their customer base, they are committing FINANCIAL SUICIDE. Those roadblocks include "only runs on XP" or "runs best on 8800", or "requires 2GB of ram", or "requires SSE2 or SSE3", etc.

I want to buy GRAW2 or the PC, but it "only runs on XP". I want to play the CRYSIS demo, but it "only runs on XP". Remember that a happy gaming customer base will keep buying future game releases as long as they are backward compatible. An unhappy customer base quickly abandons the foolish Game Developer and clings to those that understand who REALLY pays the bills!

Regards,
jtleon

Davidelmo

Processor Intel i7 920 @4.20Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte EX58 UD5
Cooling Titan Fenrir
Memory 6Gb Patriot 1600Mhz
Video Card(s) ATI HD4870 1Gb
Storage 2x250Gb Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0) plus 2B storage
Display(s) Samsung 22 inch Widescreen
Case Coolermaster HAF 932
Audio Device(s) Auzen Prelude 7.1
Power Supply PCP&P 750W Silencer
Software Win7 beta
I'd say the debate is maturing quite nicely...and for the better!

David...I'd say you have forgotten something very simple. Game developers are in business to make MONEY....as much as possible no doubt. On this idea we all can agree.

Another idea we can all agree on, is that the MAJOR share of the money made by Game developers does not come from Hardware manufacturers like nVidia or AMD. This is also very true!!! The MAJOR money comes from you and me...aka the gaming customer base.

When a Game Developer places roadblocks between their new game and their customer base, they are committing FINANCIAL SUICIDE. Those roadblocks include "only runs on XP" or "runs best on 8800", or "requires 2GB of ram", or "requires SSE2 or SSE3", etc.

I want to buy GRAW2 or the PC, but it "only runs on XP". I want to play the CRYSIS demo, but it "only runs on XP". Remember that a happy gaming customer base will keep buying future game releases as long as they are backward compatible. An unhappy customer base quickly abandons the foolish Game Developer and clings to those that understand who REALLY pays the bills!

Regards,
jtleon

Absolutely, and yes they probably ARE isolating people who don't have quad cores, vista an 8800gtx and 4gb of RAM. But on the other hand, they MUST think that there is profit to be made and that people will still buy the game! I'm sure they will have conducted market research etc to find this out.

At the end of the day, if no-one can run it and they are not willing to upgrade then the game will fair horribly. We'll just have to wait and see I guess!

Scarecrow

i just bought a new PC which will arrive in a couple of days, and for what i payed, it better bloody run Crysis without too much trouble, or ill be taking the game back and getting another.

Its all well and good pushing boundaries, but releasing a game now that you can only play of high res with everything on very high, on the next generation of GPU's is just simply ridiculous, and frankly i hope they get crucified for it so they wake up to themselves. This is just my opinion however.

EastCoasthandle

System Name MY PC
Processor E8400 @ 3.80Ghz > Q9650 3.60Ghz
Motherboard Maximus Formula
Cooling D5, 7/16" ID Tubing, Maze4 with Fuzion CPU WB
Memory XMS 8500C5D @ 1066MHz
Video Card(s) HD 2900 XT 858/900 to 4870 to 5870 (Keep Vreg area clean)
Storage 2
Display(s) 24"
Case P180
Audio Device(s) X-fi Plantinum
Power Supply Silencer 750
Software XP Pro SP3 to Windows 7
Benchmark Scores This varies from one driver to another.
i just bought a new PC which will arrive in a couple of days, and for what i payed, it better bloody run Crysis without too much trouble, or ill be taking the game back and getting another.

Its all well and good pushing boundaries, but releasing a game now that you can only play of high res with everything on very high, on the next generation of GPU's is just simply ridiculous, and frankly i hope they get crucified for it so they wake up to themselves. This is just my opinion however.

You are going to be in for a nice shock :shadedshu