1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Crysis gives my Monitor "not optimum mode" error

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by charles1, May 7, 2011.

1. charles1 New Member

Thanks Received:
    [Solved] Crysis gives my Monitor "not optimum mode" error

So I buy the game and after installing the game and launching it for the first time, the game gives my monitor not optimum mode 1920 x 1080 60Hz.

So I did some research and have done the following to no avail:

Have updated my GPU driver to the latest from AMD's web site.
    Have double checked that my ccc is set to 1920 x 1080p 60Hz as well as adding the 1920 x1080i 30Hz.
    I even went as far as installing the monitor driver from the samsung web site.
    Non of those manage to help my issue at hand.

So I launch Crysis and I get the not optimum mode box though I can hear the game in the background. So I decided to unplug the HDMI cable and plug it back in and it worked. I could see the game and the setting are high and 1920 x 1080 though the game is in windowed mode. When I change it to full screen the monitor goes back to not optimum mode. So I unplug and pulg back in and the game is fine. Full screen and ready to play though randomly it will go back to not optimum mode. Its driving me crazy it only does it with crysis and crysis warhead. Metro 2033 works perfectly so I am at a compete loss.

For the record it does this to all 3 of my monitors so it would be hard to believe that all 3 monitors are defective and have to be RMA all of them.

Monitors are Samsung BX2231

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry if I posted in the wrong section

Last edited: May 7, 2011
  2. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    when the error comes up -
    try unplugging your monitor for a minute, then plug it back in.

see if that does anything, it should reset the monitor.

3. charles1 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ok figured it out I have to remove the 1080/24p from the supported formats under CCC.

Now second problem I have black border around the game similar to this:
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=327492

it was happening to me under STALKER but i did what was sugegsted in htat site and STALKER worked perfectly, though for Crysis no go I have border top and sides I tried only 1080/60p and 1080/30p each under CCC and still get black border and then tried having both checked and I still have borders this is driving me insane now.

4. charles1 New Member

Thanks Received: