1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Crysis Performance issues

Discussion in 'Games' started by Deathchill, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Deathchill

Deathchill New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi there, im guessing that someone already posted a thread about this topic,but i just wanted some quick feeback.

Well, we have probably all watched the Crysis previews, and heard about the hype, but I just want to know if any other people are getting the same performance issues that im getting.

Im running an AMD 64 AM2 X2 Dual Core 4400+
    4GB Kingmax DDR2 800 Ram
    Gigabyte SLI Nforce 570 Motherboard
    Nvidia Geforce XFX 8800 GTS 320MB
    Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit
    And in comparrison with COD 4 wich i can run smooth on 1280x1024 on absolutely everything on highest and it looks amazing, im currently running Crysis on 1024x768 and with everything on High, i get around 24-32 frames, on Medium Im running around 32-40fps
    wich does not seem right,I mean ffs, after all the jaw dropping visuals that this game showed us in the previews, I really don't feel like spending a fortune on 2x 8800GTX or Ultras on SLI just to run it as pretty as the Previews,or Pictures.

Anyone else getting slow frame rates, and are my specs good enough to run this game on high settings at decent frame rates, or should i consider upgrading when I only get around 32frams Max on high settings, or is there an upcoming patch that will sort out this problem, hopefully someone can provide me with some feeback, as im really not happy about buying the collecters addition, and having to play everything on medium. I mean yes,the game is good,but after all the previews/pics, and being able to run anything(other than Crysis) thats on the market at Full without low fps, I really expected to get some pretty visuals+great gameplay and nice framerates to go along with it.
  2. Rob!

Rob! New Member

Thanks Received:
    Everyone gets slower frame rates than other games. Just look at some reviews, even with super high end systems it's not running at high frames.
  3. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    You main setback is your cpu, but even my system only gets 27FPS in the demo at 1680x1050 max.
  4. HookeyStreet

HookeyStreet Eat, sleep, game!

Thanks Received:
    Crysis is a power hungry bitch of a game! Your CPU is the main thing holding you back (I would even go as far to say that its bottlenecking your GPU).

Have you tried overclocking your CPU & graphics card?

PS: Vista Ultimate may be holding you back also :( You should try Vista Home Premium ;)
  5. Urbklr

Urbklr

Thanks Received:
    I run the game at 1280x1024 all high with sunshafts turned on. Did you try running the game in DX9 mode(that helped me gain smoothness). You just right click the shortcut and click "PlayDX9". Im not sure if it will help as you have a Nvidia card....but it might.

PS: I get like 21+ FPS.....and its playable for me
  6. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
    Please read the 4th post provided by the admin of Crysis forums:
    4th post

Does anyone need to say any more?
  7. FatForester New Member

Thanks Received:
    ^^ Agrees.
  8. HookeyStreet

HookeyStreet Eat, sleep, game!

Thanks Received:
    Im just hoping the performance patch will sort out some of the issues some people are getting. The main one for me is sorting it out so I can run both of my cards with Crysis :(
  9. mullered07

mullered07 New Member

Thanks Received:
    could be your cpu hlding you back a little bit but its just one of those games that kills gaming rigs :mad: just got it 2 days ago, looks awesome and plays alright 35fps+ most of the time on high settings 1440x900 on my main rig which im extremely happy with as it looks so damn nice i think the foliage (sp?) looks absolutely awesome even better looking than oblivion
  10. goober New Member

Thanks Received:
    I know this is a noob question but how do you know your FPS in game. What do you use FRAPS?
  11. Deathchill

Deathchill New Member

Thanks Received:
    Fraps, nope. I dl'd a config that allows you to see your ingame res, frames, etc. I may be wrong,but i think that the console command is r_displayinfo = 1 or something. Thanks for the posts, just wanted to add that just cuz of some of the CPU specs(as i work in a pc shop) I tried out a Fresh installation of Vista today with a brand spanking new AMD64 X2 AM2 6000+ with that nice little cooler it comes with,and latest Nvidia Drivers think its 169.12
    and still get the same frame rates, so me finks that if going from a 4400+ to a 6000+ makes no dif in frame rates, they had better get patching imo.