1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Crysis Problem

Discussion in 'Games' started by lyndonguitar, Apr 6, 2010.

1. lyndonguitar

lyndonguitar I play games

Thanks Received:
    Don't know if this is the proper forum for posting this, I know there is an official forum, but i will have to register just to make a single post and not use the account again.

I have a problem in Crysis, which runs perfectly on my rig, But.
    This. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut5AeHpHVZw

I have a problem like this one, Some, not all, not many, only few parts of the ground seems to bend and warp endlessly and i can't remove them, I run crysis at very high, its smooth but i have this problem. However when i go near the ground, it returns to normal, but when im far away like 1 meters(game measurement) its there

The only way to get around this problem is to turn the shaders quality to high
    but i want to play this at very high. Anyone here got same problems? or have gotten? any ideas how to fix this?
  2. Loosenut

Loosenut

Thanks Received:
    Welcome to TPU Lyndonrakista :toast:

Unfortunately, I'm of only a few who has never played Crysis so I can't really help you right now :eek: But I'm sure someone will be along to help you with your problem soon.

Good luck and have fun in the forums
  3. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm not sure Lyndon. Could you OC be causing you problems when the shaders are under heavy load?

... and by the way, this is the correct forum for gaming questions. :toast:
  4. Black Panther

Black Panther Senior Moderatorâ„¢ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Your game is patched? Afaik there have been two patches.
    Before I patched my game I used to have graphic anomalies as well, not like your pyramids but I used to have flickering sky and trees.
  5. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
  6. Black Haru

Black Haru

Thanks Received:
    +1 (to both above posts)

seems to be a driver/overclock/patch problem.
  7. newconroer

Thanks Received:
    Keep it up Rocker, you're going to start getting calls from MMO companies looking for tech support on their forums.

Copy and paste...copy and paste..copy .. :)

Though it is still worth a try. For all we know, the driver version you are using Lyndon, might (for whatever various reasons) be less than desirable when running Crysis. It's a long shot, but by starting at the most recent, you can work your way backwards if need be.

Also, did you ever try to use a custom configuration file or any mods? That would be my first guess as to why it's happening.

Although, you've shown a video while being in the Sandbox editor. Does this happen in the regular game as well? That bubble/magnifying glass effect looks like a tool more than an anomaly.
  8. lyndonguitar

lyndonguitar I play games

Thanks Received:
    yes it happens in games, well i dont have this problem before, i was playing crysis with the latest version, but when i bought a new card(5850), updated the drivers, reinstalled crysis(didnt apply the patch though), loaded the saved games, the bug appears, maybe ill just update to the latest version of crysis and ill see if the problem is fixed

OKAY i've updated the game and still having issues as of the moment, i have read somewhere that the problems goes away after you have finished the level and moved on to the next level for save games which was saved in a different versino of crysis. Ill try to finish the level
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2010